Welcome to the Pals October, 2018 Blog Hop. It’s a spooky time of year so watch out for “Wicked Folds” while you hop from blog to blog. We promise not to be too scary.
You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
My holiday card today is a simple gate-fold style. The sides are folded in and a belly band brings it all together like a pretty package. I adore the “wood-cut” look of the deer!
Key ingredients for today’s card are the Dashing Deer stamp set and coordinating Detailed Deer Thinlits Dies. Save 10% when you purchase them as a bundle.
STAMPIN’ PRETTY STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIAL:
Create a gate-fold card base using Crumb Cake card stock and the Stampin’ Trimmer. Cut card stock to 8 1/2 x 5 1/2. Score at 2 1/8 and 6 3/8.
Layer and adhere a 1 7/8 x 5 1/4 piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock on each front panel of the gate-fold card. Layer and adhere a 1 3/4 x 5 piece of Festive Farmhouse Designer Series Paper on each piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock.
Create a belly band using a 9.5 x 1 1/2 piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock. Score at 2 3/4 and 7 1/8 using a Stampin’ Trimmer. Fold and adhere with seam in front where it will be hidden.
Cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock to 3 1/4 x 4 and layer with a piece of Very Vanilla card stock cut to 3 x 3 3/4. Adhere to the belly band with your favorite adhesive.
Crop a piece of Wood Texture Designer Series Paper using the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine and deer thinlit die from the Detailed Deer Thinlits Dies. Wrap a piece of Linen Thread around the neck as shown, securing with a bow. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Crop a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock with the corner filigree die and Big Shot Die Cutting Machine. Adhere with small bits of Snail Adhesive.
Color a Pearl Basic Jewel with the Bronze Stampin’ Blends Marker. Adhere to the center of the flower as shown.
Cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock to 4 x 5 1/4. Layer with a piece of Very Vanilla card stock cut to 3 3/4 x 5.
Using the Stamparatus stamp positioning tool for perfect placement, stamp the sentiment and image in Cherry Cobbler ink onto the Very Vanilla card stock. Adhere to the inside of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Now it’s time to use the Blog Hop Line-up below to see what the rest of my Pals have created to inspire you.. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, November 14, 2018 for the next Pals Blog Hop. November is time for “Anything But a Card” where the Pals will feature creations suitable for holiday gifting. Don’t miss the fun.
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jill Killeen at The Killeen House Studio
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Maggie at Maggie Made Cards
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
Here are shopping links to the Stampin’ Up! products used in today’s card: