Today’s masculine card is for my brother-in-law’s birthday. It was inspired by this home decor from Arhaus (arhaus.com). Stampin’ Up! is clearly is on trend!
I used the “sepia technique” I learned from Mike Funke in this video. Tomorrow I’ll share a WOW! video using Mike’s technique as well as tips for creating this card and lining up the birch trees.
STAMPIN’ PRETTY STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIAL:
Create a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card base with Stampin’ Up! Soft Suede card stock and the Stampin’ Trimmer.
Trim a piece of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper to 3 3/4 x 5 and adhere it to a piece of 4 x 5 1/4 Gray Granite card stock with Snail Adhesive. Adhere to the card base as shown with Snail Adhesive.
Stamp the birch tree images in Soft Suede Ink onto Gray Granite card stock using the Stamparatus to neatly line them up. Use an Aqua Painter to create the “sepia” look. Watch Mike’s video to see how it’s done. Trim to a 3-inch square and adhere to a 3 1/4 piece of Soft Suede card stock with Snail Adhesive.
Wrap a piece of 3/16 Braided Linen Trim around the square, securing with a bow. Tuck a Leaf Trinket under the bow, securing in place with a Mini Glue Dot.
Using the greens from the Foliage Frame Thinlits Dies (shown above), crop a piece of Mossy Meadow and Old Olive card stock. Tuck behind the edge of the square and adhere all to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Stamp the “Happy Birthday” sentiment (Detailed with Love Stamp Set) in Soft Suede ink onto a 2 x 3/4 tag of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper. Adhere as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I love hearing from you! Please leave me your questions or comments about the project for today.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Join My Paper Pumpkin Club and get 3 FREE PDF Tutorials with alternate projects each month.
- Earn up to a $50 shopping spree with my Tulip Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for 1000+ paper crafting ideas.
- View my FREE PDF Project Tutorials.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.
My project supply list. Click products to shop on-line!