Welcome to the Pals monthly blog hop. We’re so glad you’re here! December is time for glitz and bling with “All that Sparkles & Shines.” Today we feature projects that sparkle or shine. Maybe even a little of both.
You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Today’s hummingbird card duo shares a peek at a lovely new Stampin’ Up! stamp set called Humming Along. It will be available for purchase Jan. 3, when the Occasions Catalog begins. Heating the images with Blueberry Bushel embossing powder on colored card stock brought out plenty of shine and pizzazz!
STAMPIN’ PRETTY STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIAL:
For each card, create a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card base using Whisper White Thick card stock and the Stampin’ Trimmer. It cuts and scores, making a card base easy to create.
Adhere a 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 piece of Vellum card stock to the card base with Snail Adhesive. Apply snail in the center where it can’t be seen below the hummingbird layer.
Using the Stamparatus stamp positioning tool, stamp the hummingbird (Humming Along Cling Stamp Set) in Versamark Ink onto a 2 3/4 x 4 piece of Berry Burst (left) or Mango Melody (right) card stock. Cover with Blueberry Bushel Stampin’ Emboss Power, flick to remove excess, and set with a Heat Tool. You can view my WOW! video that offers 5 tips for heat embossing here.
Humming Along Cling Stamp Set
What is a cling stamp? Watch this Stampin’ Up! video demonstration by Natalie which shares tips and shows how Stampin’ Up! vastly improved the “cling” on our red rubber image stickers! Red rubber cling stamps will be available starting Jan. 3 when the Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration promotion begin.
Stampin’ Up! is the master of coordination! Wrap a piece of Blueberry Bushel 1/8″ Grosgrain Ribbon around the bottom of the card stock and secure with a bow. Adhere to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Stamp the sentiment using the Stamparatus in Versamark Ink onto Whisper White card stock. Cover with Blueberry Bushel Stampin’ Emboss Power, flick to remove excess, and set with a Heat Tool. Crop the sentiment with the Pretty Label Punch and adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Add three Best Route Enamel Dots (Blueberry Bushel) to the image or the sentiment for added personality.
Pretty envelopes make an impressive presentation! Crop a coordinating piece of Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper with the envelope liner die (Beautiful Layers Thinlits Dies) and adhere to the outside flap of a Whisper White Medium Envelope.
Get more inspiration using the Blog Hop Line-up below. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, January 9, 2019, when our Hoppin’ Pals share projects “From the Heart.” Don’t miss the fun.
Pals Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Sandra Conner at Pretty Provisions
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! The Year-End Closeout and Sale is Stampin’ Up!’s chance to do a little inventory cleaning—and your opportunity to take advantage of special year-end deals on retiring and surplus items.
- Download a complete list of retiring products and discounted items here.
- Click to shop and view ALL retiring holiday products
- Click to shop and view ALL discounted products
- Retiring items from the 2018 holiday catalog are available while supplies last.
- Surplus items from 2018 annual catalog are available in limited quantities at the promotional price.