I learned this fabulous trick to create a flower with the Vase Builder Punch from Charlet Mallett of the Stampin’ Up! Artisan Design Team. Here’s her fabulous card sample and my inspiration for today’s card below. More details for Charlet’s card on her blog here.
MY STAMPIN’ PRETTY STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIAL:
Create a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card base with Early Espresso card stock and a Stampin’ Trimmer. Adhere a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Calypso Coral card stock with Snail Adhesive .
Emboss a 3 3/4 x 5 piece of Whisper White card stock with the Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine. TIP #1: To increase definition, use a Stampin’ Up! Spritzer to lightly mist card stock with water before running it through the Big Shot with any dynamic embossing folder.
TIP #2: Here’s my WOW! video demonstration with tips on how to run the Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder in landscape and portrait directions to create a rich, “linen” look. Adhere “linen” layer to card base with Snail Adhesive.
Crop a 2 7/16 circle of the animal print (Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper) and adhere to a 2 1/2 Early Espresso scalloped circle. Both circles were created with the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine and the Layering Circles Framelits Dies. Adhere circles to card base with Snail Adhesive.
Using the Stamparatus, stamp “birthday wishes” sentiment on Whisper White card stock. Crop with the flagged ends die from Bunch of Banners Framelits Dies. Adhere over animal print circle with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Use the shortest vase of the Vases Builder punch to create 10 “petals” in Calypso Coral card stock. TIP #3: I used a Bone Folder to add a bit of curl to the petals. Adhere six petals with Glue Dots to a circle created with the 3/4 Circle Punch. Adhere four petals with Glue Dots to a circle created with the 3/4 Circle Punch. Adhere the four petal and six petal layers together using a Stampin’ Dimensional.
To the bottom of the flower, adhere a leaf stem created with the Stampin’ Up! Leaf Punch and Crumb Cake card stock. Also adhere a few loops of Linen Thread. Adhere flower to card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Stamp sentiment in Early Espresso ink on a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Whisper White card stock. I used the Stamparatus stamp positioning tool (more details here) for precise placement. Adhere using Snail Adhesive to the interior of the card.
Cards with a a lot of 3-D like this flower are often best delivered in person (vs. a trip in the mail). I like putting them in a Stampin’ Up! Clear Envelope. It makes a pretty presentation when wrapped with Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon.
Enjoy my FREE PDF Step-By-Step Tutorial (and supply list) for the Vase Builder Punch Flower Maker Card here.
THREE STAMPIN’ UP! JULY PROMOTIONS YOU WON’T WANT TO MISS!
- Learn how you can earn the Stampin’ Up! Tufted Embossing Folder FREE when you place a qualifying $75+ order through me! My July Host Code Offer is here.
- Designer Series Paper Offer! Buy 3 Get 1 FREE TIP: The paper sale includes the Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper I used on today’s card!
- IT’S HOT! 10 Ink Pads FREE with the $99Starter Kit
A DAY AT SEA! As our Alaskan cruise continues, I plan to spend time today hanging out with friends and pouring over the products in the new Holiday Catalog (starts Sept. 1). Stampin’ Up! has a Late Night Dessert Buffet planned from 10p to 11:30p. The biggest challenge for me will be staying awake until then! I’m an “early to bed, early to rise” girl!
I’ll share updates and photos on my Facebook page here. Tomorrow’s stop is Victoria, British Columbia (Canada).
I love hearing from you! Please leave me your questions or comments about the project for today.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Join My Paper Pumpkin Club and get 3 FREE PDF Tutorials with alternate projects each month.
- Earn up to a $50 shopping spree with my Tulip Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for 1000+ paper crafting ideas.
- View my FREE PDF Project Tutorials.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.
My project supply list. Click products to shop on-line!