Welcome to the Pals January 2018 Blog Hop. Our theme this month is “From the Heart” featuring heartfelt projects like Valentine’s Day, Thinking of You, Get Well and Sympathy. Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
One of the hottest home design trends is the sliding barn door. If any of you are HGTV fans like me, you’ll know exactly what I mean! Imagine my excitement when I saw the Barn Door Bundle (Barn Door Stamp Set and Sliding Door Framelits Dies) in the new Stampin’ Up! Occasions Catalog!
STAMPIN’ PRETTY TIPS:
First things first! I highly recommend you watch Stampin’ Up!’s Brandy Barnard in this video demonstration of how to use the Barn Door Bundle. The bundle saves you 10% and includes the Barn Door Stamp Set and Sliding Door Framelits Dies.
The “magic” is in the way the door actually slides left and right within the grooves of the die cut. There’s no “interior” of my valentine card but you could use a folded card base (instead of my 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ Real Red layer) if you wanted to add a personalized note inside.
I used #6 washers with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to slide the door. However, pennies should work in place of the washers. I haven’t tried pennies and assume you’ll have to position them a little differently so they will be hidden behind the door.
Isn’t the “hello” sign on the barn door adorable? It’s popped up on Stampin’ Dimensionals and given a little pizzazz with Very Vanilla Solid Baker’s Twine and a Real Red Heart from Brights Enamel Shapes.
In addition to the Stampin’ Up! Sliding Door Framelits Dies, I used four of the heart dies from the Lots to Love Box Framelits Dies.
I love hearing from you. If you have a question or thoughts to share about today’s post, please, COMMENT HERE.
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on February 14, 2018. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We really like that.
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty – You Are Here
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme Crafts
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin’ Pink Rose
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Kat Chancellor at Stamp ART Connection
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Lisa Milligan at Stampin’ Made Simple
My project supply list. Click products to shop on-line!