I’m not afraid to mix bold colors and today’s butterfly card shows you the WOW! you can achieve with Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie and a crisp, black butterfly silhouette!
I used this week’s Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge (PPA294) by Dawn Tidd as the foundation of my design. I skewed the butterfly and layer below for a bit for movement and touch of whimsy! See what the rest of the PPA Design Team came up with using this sketch and play along here.
STAMPIN’ PRETTY TIPS:
- The beautiful butterfly was created using the Stampin’ Up! Butterflies Thinlits Dies. I love using the Big Shot Die Brush for removing the little die cut bits with ease. Here’s my video demonstration on using the brush.
- I used both the sentiment as well as the dotted pattern (on the Melon Mambo layer) from the Watercolor Wings Photopolymer Stamp Set.
- The butterfly card measures 5″ square. I created a custom envelope using Stampin’ Up! Neutrals Envelope Paper (the perfect weight for envelopes) and the Envelope Punch Board.
- Line it! I added a touch of Everyday Chic Designer Series Paper (see preview) as an envelope liner. My video showing how to use the Envelope Punch Board to create a liner with almost no waste is here.
- Hover and Pin it! This photo shows key products for today’s butterfly card that you can save or pin to Pinterest. See ALL my labeled product photos in one spot on my How to Make Simple Cards board on Pinterest.
- Pin my Stampin’ Pretty Color Mix! Visit my Stampin’ Pretty Color Mix Board on Pinterest for more colorful ideas.
I’M HAPPY TO HELP! Have a question, need a measurement or want to leave a comment to make me smile? Please leave a comment HERE.
SALE-A-BRATION ENDS TODAY! This is it, my friends. We’re down to the final hours to take advantage of the Stampin’ Up! Sale-A-Bration promotion. Read more . . .
My project supply list. Click products to shop on-line!