Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. This month we are celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Pals Blog Hop with “Critters” from the Stampin’ Pretty Pals.
Many of the design team members are offering “Mystery Blog Candy” of their choice to 1 lucky winner. To play along, just leave a comment HERE on my blog AND on as many blog posts as desired. A random winner will be announced on a subsequent blog post by each participating design team member. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Today’s “critters” card was created using the Stampin’ Up! Full of Happiness, Easter Themed stamp set from page 44 of the 2020 Mini Catalog. The power of THREE purples (Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, and Purple Posy) join forces. The 3/8″ Tricolor Ribbon from the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog reinforces the ombre feel. The ribbon is part of My Favorite Things from the annual catalog. You can see all of my favorite things here.
The Sending Flowers Dies (limited release from February 4 – March 31 or while supplies last) were used for the flower garden within the cracked egg. There are 5 dies that quickly crop flowers and stems. TIP: I snipped the flowers from the circle with Paper Snips and adhered them to the backside of the egg.
BONUS COORDINATION! The egg from the Full of Happiness stamp set coordinates and can be quickly cropped with the egg die from the Dino Dies Set, pg 192 of the Annual Catalog (shown below).
STAMPIN’ PRETTY STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIAL:
Begin with a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 card base of Whisper White Thick card stock.
Layer and adhere a 4 x 3 piece of gingham Purple Posy In Color 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper to a 4 1/4 x 3 1/4 piece of Highland Heather card stock with Snail Adhesive.
Wrap with 3/8″ Tricolor Ribbon, as shown, securing with a bow.
Adhere to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Crop a piece of Pear Pizzazz card stock using a die-cutting and embossing a machine along with the large die from the Sending Flowers Dies.
Crop petals of So Saffron, Highland Heather, and Terracotta Tile card stock (also Sending Flowers Dies).
Adhere to the coordinating flower stems with Mini Glue Dots.
Use a Stamparatus to position and stamp the striped cracked eggshell, as well as the eggshell outline in Highland Heather ink onto Whisper White card stock.
Crop with the coordinating die (Dino Dies) and a die-cutting and embossing machine.
Adhere to the snipped flower garden and to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Use a Stamparatus to position and stamp the chick in the following colors: So Saffron (body), Terracotta Tile. (beak & feet), Tuxedo Black Memento Ink (eyes).
Snip closely with Paper Snips.
Adhere to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Use a Stamparatus to stamp the sentiment in Highland Heather ink onto a 3 3/4 x 1/2 piece of Whisper White card stock.
Flag the end with the Tailored Tag Punch.
Adhere with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
POP OF PERSONALITY! Add Terracotta Tile 2019-2021 Faceted Dots and Gorgeous Grape Glitter Enamel Dots to the flower centers as shown.
MORE BLOG CANDY! More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s projects. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created and offer more mystery blog candy!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR for Wednesday, April 8th, for our “Special Occasions” blog hop when our Design Team showcase projects for weddings, graduation, anniversary, baby, Mother’s/Father’s Day or any special occasion. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty First Hop – January 2010
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts First Hop – May 2011
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian First Hop – June 2012
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards First Hop – September 2012
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping First Hop – March 2013
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping First Hop – March 2013
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations First Hop – August 2013
- Amanda Merrill at Inkflair First Hop – April 2014
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’ First Hop – May 2014
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom First Hop – September 2014
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity First Hop – January 2015
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose First Hop – January 2015
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs First Hop – June 2015
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds First Hop – July 2015
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit First Hop – September 2015
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’ First Hop – August 2016
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’ First Hop – September 2016
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping First Hop – April 2017
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot! First Hop – May 2017
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art First Hop – June 2017
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My! First Hop – February 2018
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink First Hop – June 2018
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen First Hop – October 2019
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink First Hop – November 2019
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping First Hop – January 2020
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life First Hop – March 2020