Today’s birthday card is for my friend who is an artist and painter. I thought the swooshes of bold color were personal and pretty. I used the Stampin’ Up! PS You’re the Best stamp set (below). It’s loaded with multi-occasion sentiments and vintage charm.
STAMPIN’ PRETTY STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIAL:
Create a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card base with Stampin’ Up! Thick Whisper White card stock and the Stampin’ Trimmer.
Cut a piece of Vellum card stock to 3 7/8 x 5 1/8. Wrap a piece of Basic Black Solid Baker’s Twine around the center, securing it with a bow. Adhere to the card base with a small strip of Snail Adhesive (in the center, hidden behind the elements).
Cut a piece of Melon Mambo card stock to 2 x 5 1/2. Flag the end using the Banner Triple Punch. Adhere to the Vellum with Snail Adhesive.
Using the Stamparatus (for crisp ink coverage and perfect placement), stamp the typewriter image (P.S. You’re the Best Stamp Set) in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto a piece of Whisper White card stock sized to 2 3/4 x 3.
Add the colored accents using the stamp (also from P.S. You’re The Best) and the following Stampin’ Pads: Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green & Bermuda Bay. TIP: I used the Stamparatus and stamped off the colors first onto scratch paper to soften the intensity. See the photo below showing the ink at “full strength.” I felt it was too strong.
Adhere the finished image to Basic Black card stock cut to 3 x 3 1/4.
Add three multi-sized Black Faceted Dots as shown.
For the final touch, stamp the small flower on the flap of a Whisper White Medium Envelope.
IT ALL STARTS TOMORROW, DEC. 5!
- Stampin’ Up! Year End Close-Out & savings on select retiring Holiday Catalog and surplus products. While supplies last!
- Specially designed Craft & Carry Stamparatus bag will be available for customer purchase.
- Join Stampin’ Up! starting Dec. 5 and add future Occasions catalog products to your $99 starter kit as well as currently available products. Occasions products will be an option as you join and build your kit. Risk and pressure-free. Purchase your $99 starter kit here.
- Demonstrator pre-order from the 2019 Occasions Catalog and pre-earn from Sale-A-Bration begins. Demonstrators receive a 20% – 25% discount on new Occasions products, current catalogs as well as year end close-out products (in addition to any sale pricing).
Have questions regarding joining Stampin’ Up! and my Stampin’ Pretty Pals Virtual Community? Email me here.
I love hearing from you! Please leave me your questions or comments about the project for today.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my daily blog updates here.
- Join My Paper Pumpkin Club and get 3 FREE PDF Tutorials with alternate projects each month.
- Click for my Monthly Host Code and how you can earn up to a $50 shopping spree with my Tulip Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for 1000+ paper crafting ideas.
- View my FREE PDF Project Tutorials.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.
My project supply list. Click products to shop on-line!