Welcome to the Families First Pals Blog Hop for April 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are all about our families. This is a great time of year to think about what to make for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or upcoming graduations. And, family vacations are just around the corner… how would you want to remember those special family moments? We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
For today’s family’s first theme, I created a Father’s Day card for my husband, Scott. It honors our 28 years of marriage as well as celebrates what a wonderful father he is to our one and only daughter, Caroline (now 23 years old).
I snapped this photo of a scooter outside a charming restaurant Scott and I dined at in downtown Lisbon, Portugal, a couple years ago.
I thought it was the perfect way to remember our trip and “translate” the memories to a heartfelt card using the Stampin’ Up! Mediterranean Moments stamp set (designed by my friend and fellow demonstrator, Susan Nygaard).
I love hearing from you. If you have a question or thoughts to share about today’s post, please, COMMENT HERE.
STAMPIN’ PRETTY TIPS:
- Introducing . . . Thick Very Vanilla Card Stock (8.5″ x 11″). It’s a great weight for the 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ card base and will be available NEW in the Stampin’ Up! 2017-2018 Annual Catalog beginning June 1.
- Retiring & 30% Off! I used the retiring 2015-2017 Envelope Paper (Circles & Dots) for the coordinating Delightful Dijon envelope. It’s the perfect weight to use with the Envelope Punch Board.
- Retiring & 30% Off! The silver embossed “x” pattern on Basic Black (4 1/8″ x 3″) and Basic Black pattern layered on the card base are from retiring Urban Underground Specialty Designer Series Paper.
- The Stampin’ Up! Banner Triple Punch makes cropping the flagged end a snap.
- The perfect touch is a silver heart (Metallics Enamel Shapes) to reinforce the “love” in the sentiment (Beautiful You)!
- Hover and Pin it! The photo below shows key products for today’s love card that you can save or pin to Pinterest. If you are viewing this post by email, you’ll need to click the title of the post to access my blog and pin. See ALL my labeled product photos in one spot on my How to Make Simple Cards board on Pinterest.
What’s retiring and on sale (up to 50% off & while supplies last)? Clicking the blocks below!
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
PALS BLOG HOP LINE-UP:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty YOU ARE HERE!
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Susan Itell at simplestampin.com
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme by Becky Retzer
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
My project supply list. Click products to shop on-line!