It was love at first sight. When I saw this amazing flower on a cake (lovely idea for a wedding or shower, by the way) on the cover of my Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Success demonstrator magazine, I had to give it a try. The key to this yummy bloom is the Stampin’ Up! Blossom Petals Builder Punch.
Today’s 5 1/4″ square card is my design for the Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge. The sketch evolved from the talented mind of Pal Margaret Moody. Having a good sketch is a wonderful starting point for making a card. See the pretty papercrafting ideas the rest of the Pals Paper Arts Design Team came up with for the sketch and PLAY ALONG!
STAMPIN’ PRETTY TIPS:
- I assembled 16 of the large petals and 8 of the small, all cropped with the Stampin’ Up! Blossom Petals Builder Punch.
- A Paper Piercing Tool was used to roll the petals (plus a little tweaking with my fingers) into a pretty, curved shape.
- I find it easiest to adhere petals (the bottom row) to a cropped circle. I used the 1 3/8″ Circle Punch for my circle “base.”
- FUN, SIMPLE DISCOVERY! I adhered two daisies (Daisies #2 Flower Bigz Die) on top of each other for the flower center, gave them a pinch to get the petals to stand up and adhered with Mini Glue Dots to the flower.
- Loving Thoughts stamp set (Stampin’ Up! Occasions Mini Catalog, images below) offers “thoughtful” sentiments with a sophisticated font. “Dare to Dream” is an excellent motto for this graduation card for my daughter, Caroline. She graduates in a month from high school and will head to college in the Fall (“sniff”).
- A flower element with this much volume can be tricky to mail. I like to reserve these types of cards to add to a boxed gift (inside or on top, no envie required ) or deliver in person. It looks like an elegant gift just the way it is!
STAMPIN’ UP! OCCASIONS MINI CATALOG ENDS 4/30. Be sure to order your favorite Occasions Mini rubber stamps and accessories. I used Loving Thoughts stamp set and Attic Boutique Designer Series Paper on today’s card . . . both from the Occasions Mini Catalog.
STAMPIN UP! SUMMER SMOOCHES OFFER ENDS 4/30. Lovin’ the Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon on today’s card? Order it before 4/30 or you’ll have to wait until June 1 to get it in the new Stampin’ Up! 2012-2013 Idea Book & Catalog. Stampin’ Up! Summer Smooches Details.
HAVEN’T SEEN THE STAMPIN’ UP! RETIRED STAMP LIST YET? CLICK HERE.
Stamp Set: Loving Thoughts (Wood-Mount 125843, Clear-Mount 125845)
Paper: Attic Boutique Designer Series Paper (125407), Very Vanilla (101650), Pool Party (122924), Soft Suede (115318), Daffodil Delight (119683)
Ink: Soft Suede (115657)
Cool Tools: Blossom Petals Builder Punch (121808), 1 3/8″ Circle Punch (base for petals, 119860), Paper-Piercing Tool (116631), Daisies #2 Flower Bigz Die (114520), Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439)
The Perfect Touch: Antique Brads (117273), Daffodil Delight 1/2″ Seam Binding Ribbon (125583), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Mini Glue Dots (103683)