Thyme for your weekly cup of Mojo? Here's the latest Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge (MOJO98). I enjoyed playing along using the charming new thyme stamp from Stampin' Up!'s Herb Expressions. The set offers crisp line images with a variety of sentiments. Excellent stamping mileage.
- To kick things off, I cut Whisper White (2 1/8") and Orchid Opulence (2 1/4") circles using a Circle Scissor Plus.
- A Stamp-a-ma-jig assisted with placing the Old Olive Thyme image on the Whisper White circle.
- I dotted the flowers with Rich Razzleberry and Orchid Opulence Markers. TIP: For extra bling, I used a Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust Pen to dot the flowers a bit more and line the stems.
- The sparkly thyme image was layered on the Orchid Opulence Circle.
- Old Olive Textured card stock (3 1/4" x 2 1/2") was layered on a rectangle of Rich Razzleberry (3 3/8" x 2 5/8).
- The rectangle beneath is composed of Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper over Rich Razzleberry. TIP: Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper offers a collection of coordinating papers and patterns in Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Orchid Opulence and Whisper White.
- Three Circle Rhinestone Brads (Stampin' Up! Fire Collection) dot the lower right corner.
- The Old Olive card base is 5 1/4" x 5 1/4". TIP: This card size coordinates perfectly with Stampin' Up!'s Whisper White Medium Square envelopes (107289, 5 1/2 x 5 1/2).
- I layered a companion Cottage Wall Designer Paper stripe on top.
- Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot 1/2" Grosgrain adds a splash to the side.
- TIP: The sentiment (part of the same Thyme stamp) was inked with a Rich Razzleberry Marker, eliminating the rest of the image.
- It was stamped on Orchid Opulence card stock and cropped with a Small Oval Punch. A couple Stampin' Dimensionals prop it up when layered over a Large Oval Punch in Rich Razzleberry.
Love a challenge? There's still time to play along with my Stampin' Pretty Pals on the Pal Paper Arts blog. Deadline is Noon CST, Tuesday. This week? Combine the colors Melon Mambo, Chocolate Chip and Bermuda Bay. Click here for inspiration samples and to play along. Three Featured Artists will be chosen from the participants and revealed on the PPA blog this Wednesday, at 5:00 a.m. CST.
Stampin' Up! launched two new promotions on August 1. CLICK HERE FOR "GROWING UP" OFFER DETAILS!
Stamp Set: Herb Expressions (113224)
Paper: Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper (115671), Old Olive Textured Card Stock (108697, Earth Elements Assorted), Rich Razzleberry, (115538, In Colors Assorted), Orchid Opulence (100969), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Old Olive (102277), Stampin' Up! Markers: Rich Razzleberry (116329, In Colors Set of 6), Orchid Opulence (100055), Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Stardust Pen (Non-SU)
Cool Tools: Circle Scissor Plus (112530), Small (107304) and Large Oval (107305) Punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
The Perfect Touch: Circle Rhinestone Brads (109110, Fire), Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot 1/2" Grosgrain Ribbon (115613), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)