Yes, this IS the new Medallion Background stamp–just in a new square "package." This stamp looks gorgeous no matter how you use it. It's my hottest seller right now from the Stampin' Up! 2009-2010 Idea Book and Catalog.
- I stamped the round Medallion in Dusty Durango on Very Vanilla.
- TIP: I realize the image is supposed to look a little distressed and perfect inking isn't required. However, I used one of Stampin' Up!'s sand blocks to gently rub and prep the rubber. This improves the ink transfer on most solid images.
- I gave the round image a square figure of approximately 3 1/8" x 3 1/8". I matted it on Dusty Durango card stock.
- The Medallion was inked up and stamped again in Dusty Durango and Not Quite Navy. TIP: I flip my big background images face up and apply the ink pad face down. To save ink, I only inked the center of the stamp, knowing the smaller images would be cropped.
- Using the 1 3/4" Punch, I cropped the Not Quite Navy Image. The Dusty Durango image was cropped with a 3/4" Punch. I anchored the Durango image to the center with a Stampin' Dimensional.
- The card base is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", fashioned from Dusty Durango Textured card stock. It's topped with Very Vanilla Textured card stock. Can you tell I'm a huge Stampin' Up! Textured card stock fan?
- The horizontal panel begins with a base of Not Quite Navy, shaped on the bottom edge with a Scallop Eyelet Punch. Such a delightful detail.
- I layered Very Vanilla Textured card stock on top and coordinating Dusty Durango 1/2" Grosgrain Ribbon.
- TIP: Can't find the Dusty Durango ribbon in the catty? LOL! Actually, it's the Polka Dot 1/2" Grosgrain Ribbon just flipped over. This is a neat little trick for when you want coordinating ribbon but the polka dots might not be appropriate for the style of your card or project.
- The sentiment is from Define Your Life. It's inked in Not Quite Navy and stamped on Very Vanilla. The layer below is Not Quite Navy.
- TIP: The three faux brads are simply Not Quite Navy Textured card stock popped out with a 1/4" hole punch. I used Stampin' Up!'s retired 1/4" Circle Punch. However, any 1/4" hole punch will work fine!
DON'T MISS: The Pals Paper Arts Challenge launched this past Thursday with amazing steam. Check out the inspiration samples and gorgeous cards by the participants on Mr. Linky. We would love to have you play!!!
NEW STAMPIN' UP! PROMOTION: If you didn't see it in my last post, August kicks off two new Stampin' Up! Promotions. Click here for details!
Stamp Sets: Medallion Background (115223), Define Your Life (114950)
Paper: Dusty Durango Smooth (115321) and Textured (115538, In Color Assortment), Not Quite Navy (101722), Very Vanilla Smooth (101650) and Textured (108693, Neutrals Assortment)
Ink: Dusty Durango (115654), Not Quite Navy (103008)
Cool Tools: 1 3/4" Circle Punch (112004), 3/4" Circle Punch (107217), 1/4" Circle Punch (retired), Eyelet Border Punch (113692)
The Perfect Touch: Dusty Durango Polka Dot 1/2' Grosgrain Ribbon (flipped to the solid side, 115609), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)