I am always inspired by color combinations and patterns in fashion and home d?cor catalogs. I have held on to the one featured below, admiring the bold floral pattern of the chair. When I saw this wonderful Summer Sun design in Stampin' Up!'s Pink Flamingo Designer Series, I knew it would be one of the first patterns I played with.
This week's Splitcoast Sketch Challenge (SC227) and Stampin' Up!'s Pink Flamingo Designer Paper were meant to be together. Whenever I see multiple layers on a card, I immediately start to think
about combining Designer Series Paper to create beautifully coordinated
elements. TIP: When mixing patterns, I like to balance a small and large print but don't be afraid to experiment.
- I started with a 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" Whisper White card base, scored at the top.
- The large Summer Sun floral pattern and Chocolate Chip are matted on top.
- The darling daisy is courtesy of my Big Shot Die-Cut Machine and Bigz Daisies Flower #2. The larger daisy is cropped in Chocolate Chip and the smaller is cropped in the smaller print from Pink Flamingo.
- A Chocolate Chip Corduroy Button anchors the center. Tr?s chic!
- The balance of the card is constructed per the sketch. TIP: An Eyelet Border Punch produces a pretty white detail on the vertical panel.
- Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon lends a delicious touch.
- The chocolate birthday sentiment is a Stampin' Up! Fashion District Rub-On. Crisp, easy to place. Love it!
A lined envelope (Whisper White, 5 1/2" x 5 1/2") adds a delightful dash of polish. TIP: Using a pencil, I traced the envelope flap onto the opposite side of the Designer Paper. I trimmed along the trace marks, going a little narrower on each side at the point where the designer paper inserts into the envelope.
TIP: You don't need to line all the way to the bottom of the envie–just deep enough to cover the white. Simply lick the gummed area of the envelope to adhere, fold and score. You can add a little adhesive to close the flap when you are ready to mail.
Paper: Pink Flamingo Designer Series (113976), Chocolate Chip (102128), Whisper White (100730)
Cool Tools: Big Shot Die-Cut Machine (113439), Bigz Daisies Flower #2 Die, Eyelet Border Punch (113692)
The Perfect Touch: Chocolate Chip Corduroy Button (114339), Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain (109051), Fashion District Rub-Ons (113884)
Envelope: Pink Flamingo Designer Series (113976), Whisper White Medium Square Envelope (107289)