My husband's Grandmother Rosella turned 100 last January. She can recall her early childhood years and "hangs" with the best of conversations at the family gatherings. She truly is the epitome of Mother's Day with her "flock" of five generations of children.
Bella Bleu Design Paper was my color and pattern inspiration for today's projects. Rosie loves candy and will get plenty more beyond these nuggets . . . however, she enjoys crafts and will appreciate the adorable matchbox.
- In playing along with today's Splitcoast Stampers' Ways to Use Challenge (WT271) to use Kraft card stock, I began with a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base of Kraft, scored on the side.
- I layered Bella Bleu Designer paper (note a different pattern was used on the bottom) over Not Quite Navy Textured card stock (love this color–beautiful depth)!
- The long stem rose is from Embrace Life. It's inked in Not Quite Navy and stamped on Very Vanilla.
- I matted the rose on Not Quite Navy Textured card stock and added three matching brads on the side. TIP: I used a Paper Piercer and Template from my Crafter's Tool Kit to precisely line up the brads.
- The matted stem is layered over a horizontal panel of Not Quite Navy Textured card stock and a delicious piece of Kraft Taffeta Ribbon.
- My Mother's Day sentiment is from All Holidays. It's inked in Not Quite Navy and stamped on Kraft card stock.
- Grabbing my Paper Piercer and Template, I added a border and adhered the sentiment with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I used the Matchbox Bigz XL Die (Occasions Mini Catalog) to cut the box base in Very Vanilla and sliding top in Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper.
- The Flowers in Silhouette stamp was inked in Night of Navy and stamped on another pretty pattern from Bella Bleu. It's popped out with a Wide Oval Punch.
- Kraft Taffeta Ribbon (so easy to work with!!!) was the final touch.
- I used the same Bella Bleu Designer Paper to wrap some Hershey's Nuggets. TIP: An inch is just the right width.
- Buy 3 Packs of Designer Paper or Textured Card Stock and Get 1 FREE.
- Stampin' Up! (Sneak Peek) Jumble Alphabet Stamp set 20% Off
- Start Your Own Business for as Little as $75!
Stamp Sets: Embrace Life (114958), All Holidays (114916), Flowers in Silhouette (114498)
Paper: Bella Bleu Designer Series (113974), Kraft (107297), Not Quite Navy Textured (108697), Very Vanilla (101650)
Ink: Not Quite Navy (103008)
Cool Tools: Paper Piercer and Template (104310, Stampin' Up! Crafter's Tool Kit), Big Shot (113439), Matchbox Bigz XL Die (114890, Occasions Mini Catalog), Wide Oval Punch (112082)
The Perfect Touch: Earth Elements Brads (106955), Kraft Taffeta Ribbon (109068), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)