My birthday card for today was created using the Magnolia 3D Embossing Folder, winner of my latest Stampin’ Pretty Poll. The poll is now closed. Almost 1400 votes were cast and Magnolia won by a mere TWO votes. As I checked-in to see which 3D folder had taken the lead, twice the Brick & Mortar and Magnolia were tied at 430 & 432.
Since those two embossing folders had such a tight race to the finish, I have decided to share a project for each. Check in on Tuesday, July 2, to see my creation using the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder!
STAMPIN’ PRETTY STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIAL:
Begin with a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 card base of Early Espresso card stock.
Cut a piece of Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper to 5 1/8 x 3 3/4. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Zip a piece of Early Espresso card stock through a die-cutting machine tucked inside the Magnolia 3D Embossing Folder. Crop with the 4 3/4 x 3 3/8 Stitched Rectangle Die. Adhere to a 4 7/8 x 3 1/2 piece of Whisper White card stock. Adhere to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Use the Stamparatus to stamp the “Happy Birthday” sentiment (Here’s a Card Stamp Set) in Early Espresso Ink onto Whisper White card stock. Crop with a die-cutting machine and the 2 3/8 x 1 Stitched Rectangle Die. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Crop the magnolia flower from the Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper using a die-cutting machine and the coordinating die from the Magnolia Memory Dies. Adhere with Snail Adhesive and a Stampin’ Dimensional.
Tie a bow of Mossy Meadow Linen Thread (Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo Pack). Roll a Mini Glue Dot between your fingers and adhere the bow to the magnolia flower and then to the edge of the sentiment.
POP OF PERSONALITY! Add three Petal Pink Basic Adhesive-Backed Sequins as shown.
Create a coordinating envelope by running the envelope flap through a die-cutting machine partially tucked in between the Magnolia 3D Embossing Folder. TIP: Only run through the die-cutting machine as far as needed to emboss the flap of the envelope.
3D EMBOSSING FOLDER SANDWICH: For best results, use the 3D Embossing Folder Plate with all of Stampin’ Up!’s 3D Embossing Folders RELEASED AFTER JUNE 4, 2019. View the PDF Flyer here.
Dynamic Embossing Folders (Purchased before June 4, 2019) will use the following sandwich:
- Platform Base (Bottom) / Dynamic Embossing Folder (Middle)/ Standard Cutting Pad (Top)
Newly Released 3D Embossing Folders (Purchased after June 3, 2019) will use the following sandwich:
- Platform Base (Bottom) / 3D Embossing Folder (Middle) / 3D Embossing Folder Plate (Top) **or**
- Platform Base (Bottom) /3D Embossing Folder (Middle) / Standard Cutting Plate & Several Shims (cardstock, etc)
The new plate makes up the difference in measurement between our old-style Dynamic Folders and our new-style 3D Folders in 21 mm gap machines (similar to the machine we used to offer). The 3D Embossing Folder Plate replaces the Standard Cutting Pads in your 3D embossing folder sandwich for continued high-quality emboss results.
OH, SO PRETTY! Enjoy a previous card created using the Good Morning Magnolia Bundle by visiting my blog post here.
I love hearing from you! Please leave me your questions or comments about the project for today.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my daily blog updates here.
- Join My Paper Pumpkin Club and get 3 FREE PDF Tutorials with alternate projects each month.
- Click for my Monthly Host Code and how you can earn up to a $50 shopping spree with my Tulip Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for 1000+ paper crafting ideas.
- View my FREE PDF Project Tutorials.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.
My project supply list. Click products to shop on-line!