Welcome to the Pals’ April Blog Hop. We’re so glad you’re here because we love to put our ”Families First”! Our Design Team created beautiful projects to inspire you. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
My family-inspired card is for my husband, Scott. Honestly, he’s not a fisherman but with the last name of “Fish,” this card seemed appropriate, yes? I love the “camouflage” feel of the animal print. The Rich Razzleberry rectangle was embossed with the Ruffled embossing folder for a hint of water “wave!” My favorite touch was adding plenty of Clear Wink of Stella to the fish and tops of the cattails! The bling looks even more amazing in person!
STAMPIN’ PRETTY STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIAL:
Begin with a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card base of Whisper White Thick card stock.
Adhere a 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 piece of Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper to the card base with Snail Adhesive.
Subtly mimic water movement by zipping a 3 1/4 x 4 1/2 piece of Rich Razzleberry card stock through a die cutting machine tucked inside the Ruffled embossing folder. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Use a magnetic platform to hold in place a 2 3/8 x 3 3/4 Rectangle Stitched die nested and centered inside the 2 3/4 x 4 Rectangle Stitched die and cut a piece of Crumb Cake card stock. Run back and forth several times (for the best cut) through a die cutting machine to create the frame. Adhere as shown with small bits of Snail Adhesive.
Use the Stamparatus to position and stamp the sentiment in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto a 4 x 2 3/8 piece of Mango Melody card stock. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Use the Stamparatus to stamp the fish in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto Crumb Cake card stock. Crop with a die cutting machine, magnetic platform, and coordinating die (Catch of the Day). Lift the fins with a Take Your Pick tool and adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Bubbles? Add two Mango Melody Enamel Dots (Best Route Enamel Shapes) as shown.
Use the Stamparatus to position and stamp the fisherman image in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto the flap of a Whisper White Medium Envelope.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, May 8, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “More Than One Score” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Lineup
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Stampin’ Trimmer and all blades/accessories are retiring. If you would like a Trimmer and/or blades, you should order them now, while supplies are available. There is a current quantity limit of THREE on blade packages (set of two). On April 15, the limit will be upped to SIX. I highly recommend you purchase them promptly. Shop for the Stampin’ Trimmer and supplies here: Trimmer; Blades; Scoring Blades; Replacement Cutting Mat
- June 4! The Stampin’ Up! 2019-2020 Annual Catalog begins. New cling stamps, 2019-2021 In Colors and a new die and embossing folder style will be introduced. Get the scoop here on the new Stampin’ Up! dies and embossing folders.