Coffee and you . . . this card is perfect for my daughter, Caroline. When she comes home from college, our morning ritual is making coffee (thank you, Keurig!) and spending cherished mother/daughter time together. I treasure our conversations, punctuated by sips of coffee. That’s the beauty of handcrafted cards and will make for a heartfelt surprise in her mail!
My card design was inspired by this week’s Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge (MOJO433). My twist? I substituted the coffee mug for the center square.
STAMPIN’ PRETTY TIPS:
- Let the dies do the work! I adore the Cups & Kettle Framelits Dies. Consider the possibilities for valentines, friendship, birthday, tea time or dinner party invitations (knife, fork and spoon).
- Stampin’ Up! Thick Whisper White Card Stock gives die cut elements like the cup and tag extra heft! It’s one of My Favorite Things from the Annual Catalog.
- I used A Nice Cuppa (“and you” tag) and Balloon Celebration (“coffee”) stamp sets for the sentiments.
- Coordinating lined envelopes are a snap with pretty paper (Have a Cuppa Designer Series Paper Stack) and Stampin’ Up! Envelope Liners Framelits Dies (3 sizes customized for 3 Stampin’ Up! envelope styles).
- I recommend using the Magnetic Platform to keep the paper design for the liner in place during it’s trip through the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine.
- I cropped just the coffee mug base in Melon Mambo to add a simple splash of personality!
- Hover and Pin it! Here’s a photo showing key products for today’s card that you can save or pin to Pinterest. See ALL my product photos in one spot on my How to Make Simple Cards board on Pinterest.
- My Stampin’ Pretty Color Mix to save or pin to Pinterest.
SUBSCRIBE to my FREE monthly newsletter & exclusive offers.
I love hearing from you! Please leave me your questions or comments about the project for today.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Join My Paper Pumpkin Club and get 3 FREE PDF Tutorials with alternate projects each month.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Tulip Rewards Frequent Shopper Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for 1000+ paper crafting ideas.
- View my FREE PDF Project Tutorials.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.
My project supply list. Click products to shop on-line!