Yesterday, I shared the video below with tips on how to create a background using 1/2″ strips of designer series paper. Today, I have all the details on the card I used for the demonstration. Enjoy and have a lovely, paperfilled weekend (and for some of you, very snowy–stay safe)!
If you have a moment, I would love your feedback or questions on this project HERE.
Please click on the image above to play my video.
STAMPIN’ PRETTY TIPS:
- I started the pattern near the middle with the long Delightful Dijon star pattern (the one that runs below the “j”) and began spacing pieces about 1/8″ apart from my starting point. This is a good spot to observe how they intersect.
- I adhered the interior portion of the strips, cropped the layer to size and then added a wee bit of adhesive (Fine-Tip Glue Pen) to the pieces along the new, clean edges as needed to secure them.
- Hover and Pin it! Here’s a photo showing key products for today’s card that you can save or pin to Pinterest. See ALL my product photos in one spot on my How to Make Simple Cards board on Pinterest.
- Bonjour! Here is the French version of the Sale-A-Bration “Hello” stamp set called “Salut.” It’s also available as free gift choice (use item #141270 to redeem) but ONLY through Feb. 15. Earn a free Sale-A-Bration gift for every $50 you spend before shipping and tax. Read more about Sale-A-Bration . . .
- Using my Stampin’ Trimmer, I cut to the “b” from the left and to the “r” from the right. The balance was carefully paper snipped. I love the way it looks propped up on Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I used handsome patterns from Going Places Designer Series Paper Stack for the 1/2″ strips as well as the envelope liner. See more close-up views of designer series paper from the Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration here.
- Pin my Stampin’ Pretty Color Mix! Visit my Stampin’ Pretty Color Mix Board on Pinterest for more ideas.
Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my daily blog updates here.
I love hearing from you! Please leave me your questions or comments about the project for today.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my daily blog updates here.
- Join My Paper Pumpkin Club and get 3 FREE PDF Tutorials with alternate projects each month.
- Click for my Monthly Host Code and how you can earn up to a $50 shopping spree with my Tulip Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for 1000+ paper crafting ideas.
- View my FREE PDF Project Tutorials.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.
My project supply list. Click products to shop on-line!