Yesterday, I shared the video below with tips on how to create a background using 1/2″ strips of designer series paper. Today, I have all the details on the card I used for the demonstration. Enjoy and have a lovely, paperfilled weekend (and for some of you, very snowy–stay safe)!
If you have a moment, I would love your feedback or questions on this project HERE.
Please click on the image above to play my video.
STAMPIN’ PRETTY TIPS:
- I started the pattern near the middle with the long Delightful Dijon star pattern (the one that runs below the “j”) and began spacing pieces about 1/8″ apart from my starting point. This is a good spot to observe how they intersect.
- I adhered the interior portion of the strips, cropped the layer to size and then added a wee bit of adhesive (Fine-Tip Glue Pen) to the pieces along the new, clean edges as needed to secure them.
- Hover and Pin it! Here’s a photo showing key products for today’s card that you can save or pin to Pinterest. See ALL my product photos in one spot on my How to Make Simple Cards board on Pinterest.
- Bonjour! Here is the French version of the Sale-A-Bration “Hello” stamp set called “Salut.” It’s also available as free gift choice (use item #141270 to redeem) but ONLY through Feb. 15. Earn a free Sale-A-Bration gift for every $50 you spend before shipping and tax. Read more about Sale-A-Bration . . .
- Using my Stampin’ Trimmer, I cut to the “b” from the left and to the “r” from the right. The balance was carefully paper snipped. I love the way it looks propped up on Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I used handsome patterns from Going Places Designer Series Paper Stack for the 1/2″ strips as well as the envelope liner. See more close-up views of designer series paper from the Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration here.
- Pin my Stampin’ Pretty Color Mix! Visit my Stampin’ Pretty Color Mix Board on Pinterest for more ideas.
SUBSCRIBE to my FREE monthly newsletter & exclusive offers.
My project supply list. Click products to shop on-line!