Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals August Blog Hop. The Pals plan to dazzle you from stop to stop with 3-D ideas that you can create and share. For a complete list and links of Pals hoppers, please scroll down!
SNEAK PEEK ALERT! Notice a new look for the Owl? It’s part of the Warmest Wishes stamp set, a new hostess stamp option in the Holiday Mini Catalog (available Sept. 1). I’ll be sharing lots more holiday sneek peeks throughout August . . . including samples using our new Simply Scored Scoring Tool (also available Sept. 1)!
What fun it was to dress up a candy bar for Halloween in this snappy 3-D wrap! Susan Dyas, my fellow Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, shared this “sweet” idea with me at our Convention this past July. I immediately thought of Halloween. Visit Susan’s blog for complete details and more creative ideas.
STAMPIN’ PRETTY TIPS:
- To create candy bar wrap, cut card stock to 2 3/4″ x 10 1/4″ (a long skinny piece).
- Score at 5″ and 5 1/4″. Flip 90 degrees and score 1/4″ on both the long sides. SO easy with the Simply Scored Scoring Tool.
- I used my Paper Snips to cut a tiny tab at the center of the 1/4″ section, each side. This is ultimately the base of the candy bar. Cutting this tab (on both sides) makes assembly easier.
- Sticky Strip is THE best way to keep 3-D projects together.
Susan, Mike Funke and I capture the moment together at Convention.
PALS BLOG 3-D BLOG HOP
3. Barbara Chatzkel at http://www.takeoutpaperarts.com
4. Jason Casper at http://www.stampindad.com
5. Melanie Collins at http://www.oopsadaisy.typepad.com/
15. Mikki Sarkisyan at http://www.mikkiscreativecorner.blogspot.com/
18. Barb Furlong at http://www.theloveofstamping.com/
RESERVE YOUR FREE HOLIDAY MINI CATALOG! If you would like a FREE copy of the new Holiday Mini Catalog sent to you (when they are available for distribution), please email me your address HERE. U.S. only. If you currently have a relationship with another Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, please contact them directly for your copy.
Stamp Set: Warmest Wishes (available Sept. 1, W122670, 122672)), Wicked Cool (W118738, C120600)
Paper: Neutrals Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack (117157), Crumb Cake (120953), Basic Black (121045), Daffodil Delight (119683), Tangerine Tango (113349), Very Vanilla (101650)
Ink: Jet Black Stazon (1014060, Basic Black (101179)
Cool Tools: Simply Scored Scoring Tool (available Sept. 1), Owl Builder Punch (118074), 2 1/2″ Circle Punch (120906), 1″ Circle Punch (119868), Paper Snips (103579)
The Perfect Touch: Tangerine Tango 1/2″ Scallop Dots Ribbon (124144), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Sticky Strip (104294)