Here's the "scoop!" Today's Mojo Monday sketch by Julee Tilman (MOJO140) can easily go from elegant to a bit wild and crazy, like this Sweet Scoops card for my grandniece, Melina. I was clearly in the mood to play with punches and polka dots!
STAMPIN' PRETTY TIPS:
- My Sweet Scoops sentiment inked in Whisper White Craft Ink left a beautiful, soft impression on Melon Mambo card stock. Love it!
- The texture on the ice cream scoop (Sweet Scoops, Summer Mini Catalog) started with a "kiss." Click here to learn how simple the Kissing Technique is (and view another Sweet Scoops sample).
- I used a retired Stampin' Up! 1/4" hole punch for all the tiny circles except the flower center (top right of the ice cream cone). That's when I discovered I could have used the new Circle Punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (an adorable punch trio in the Summer Mini Catalog) for the whole thing. Can you say "senior moment?" It's a hint larger than 1/4" but would have been "just right," Goldilocks.
- The seriously cool matching clear Bitty Button gets dressed up with a sliver of Tempting Turquoise card stock as coordinating "thread."
- The envelope flap comes to life with a Tempting Turquoise Polka Dot Pattern from Island Oasis Designer Series Paper (Summer Mini Catalog). The Scallop Edge Punch gives it a flirty finish.
- Click (and then scroll) for more Summer Mini Catalog Product Samples? Need a FREE Summer Mini Catalog? EMAIL ME. U.S. Only.
STAMPIN' UP! RETIRING COLORS UPDATE: If you have favorites in the Stampin' Up! Retiring Colors List, please order them NOW. Many inks and card stock are on back order and some card stock colors have already sold out for good.
Note: As of this post, card stock in Only Orange 8.5 x 11 and Sage Shadow 8.5 x 11 and 12 x 12 are permanently depleted. I anticipate this list will grow rapidly due to a much higher than expected demand.
Click for the complete list of Retiring Stamping Up! Colors as part of the Stampin' Up! Color Renovation.
STAY TUNED: Tomorrow I'll share another sneak peek sample using the new Stampin' Up! Core Colors (Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso and Daffodil Delight (available July 1).
Stamp Set: Sweet Scoops (Summer Mini Catalog, Wood-Mount 117078, Clear-Mount 120078)
Paper: Island Oasis Designer Series Paper (Summer Mini Catalog, 117173), Melon Mambo (115320), Rose Red (102544), Tempting Turquoise Textured (Bold Brights Assorted, 108698), Pumpkin Pie Textured (Earth Elements Textured, 108697), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Melon Mambo (115656), Pumpkin Pie (105216), Whisper White Craft Ink (101731)
Cool Tools: Scallop Edge Punch (112091), Large Oval Punch (107305), Curly Label Punch (112208), 1/2" Circle Punch (104390), Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (Summer Mini Catalog, 118309), 1/4" Hole Punch (retired)
The Perfect Touch: Clear Bitty Button (Summer Mini Catalog, 118761), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Whisper White Medium Envelope (107301): Scallop Edge Punch (112091), Island Oasis Designer Series Paper