I felt like going a bit out of my comfort zone today by playing with pastels. My inspiration was from the Color Throwdown Challenge #48 (Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette, Kraft). My discovery in the process? The new In Color, Soft Suede, is luscious with Kraft.
Soft Suede will be available July 1 with the released of the new Stampin' Up! 2009-2010 Idea Book and Catalog. Need a copy? I have them. Click here for details.
- I inked the large block stamp from Fresh Cuts in Soft Suede and stamped on Whisper White.
- Using a Blender Pen, I touched up the petals and leaves of the image with Pink Pirouette and Baja Breeze ink.
- I layered the image on Pink Pirouette Textured Card Stock.
- Baja Breeze Textured Card Stock received paper piercing details and was layered over a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Kraft card base.
- A soft and pretty piece of Pink Pirouette Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (now 25% off) accents the right hand side. Click here for the latest update on the Stampin' Up! Last Chance Accessories List and Sale. Ends June 30.
- The "thank you" sentiment was inked in Soft Suede and stamped on Pink Pirouette card stock (not textured).
- I used the new Modern Label Punch (available July 1) to give it a delightful shape and attached it with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- See All My Sneak Peeks from the New Catalog!
TIP: Simple customization of an envelope can really boost the "wow" factor of a handmade card. Using the five petal stamp from Fresh Cuts and Soft Suede ink, I added a dose of charm to the Medium Kraft Envelope.
Stamp Set: Fresh Cuts (111634)
Paper: Whisper White (100730), Pink Pirouette (111351), Pink Pirouette Textured (111345), Baja Breeze Textured (111345), Kraft (102125)
Ink: Soft Suede (111657), Pink Pirouette (111838), Baja Breeze (111833)
Cool Tools: Paper Piercer and Template (104310, Crafter's Tool Kit), Modern Label Punch (111630), Blender Pen (102845)
The Perfect Touch: Pink Pirouette Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (111373), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Envelope: Kraft Medium (107297)