Let's start with the card, modeled after Splitcoast Sketch Challenge SC232.
- I snipped the zebra out from one of the Tall Tales patterns. No stamps used in any of these projects today.
- My striped friend was adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals to a So Saffron polka dot print and three Rose Red buttons jazz up the top right.
- TIP: To create the "thread" for the buttons, cut skinny slivers of card stock (I used Brilliant Blue), thread through the holes and carefully tie. I adore the polish this adds.
- TIP: Mini Glue Dots hold buttons firmly in place.
- The rear squares use identical patterns. All three of these elements are matted on Brilliant Blue card stock
- A 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Tall Tales Designer Series Paper is layered over a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Whisper White card base (scored on the top).
- The horizontal panel is a piece of Rose Red topped with Chocolate Chip Textured card stock.
- TIP: A snippet of Rose Red 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon punches up the pink.
- The sentiment is a simple Chocolate Chip rub-on from Chit Chat Rub-Ons.
Paper: Tall Tales Designer Series (115678, available July 1),
Brilliant Blue (100721), Rose Red (102544), Chocolate Chip Textured
(108697), Whisper White (100730)
The Perfect Touch: Fresh Favorites II Button (107422), Rose Red 1/4"
Grosgrain Ribbon (111366), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Chit Chat
Rub-Ons (111804), Mini Glue Dots (103683)
Remember this tutorial regarding producing envelopes in a snap using the Kreate-a-lope (available at www.greensneakeres.com)? My dear friend, Sandy, who generously gave me the Kreate-a-lope, pointed out that you can minimize "clean-up" cutting of the torn edges by starting with a pre-cut 7 7/8" x 7 7/8" square (A2 envelopes). Love it! Again, here's the original tutorial with more directions.
The only snipping necessary is the one corner that gets cut off. Much easier than tearing (per the directions) and cutting off the torn edge.
Paper: Tall Tales Designer Series (115678, available July 1)
Cool Tools: Kreate-a-lope (www.greensneakers.com)
The Perfect Touch: Old Olive 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (111368)
The Bigz XL Box #2 Die creates a very efficient box to assemble. Using a Big Shot and the Box #2 Die, I quickly created the box template below.
If you have any issues with score lines of your Bigz Die Cuts not being
well-defined or, the other extreme, cutting through where it should
only be a score line, the remedy is to use an Extended Premium Crease
Pad in place of the top Extended Cutting Pad. It sets perfect score
lines without slicing through.
TIP: You only need one small piece of Sticky Tape (in the spot above) and you're done adhering.
Paper: Tall Tales Designer Series (115678, available July 1), So Saffron (105118), Rose Red (102544)
Cool Tools: Big Shot Die Cut Machine (113439), Bigz Die Box #2 (114518), Extended Premium Crease Pad (117630), Stampin' Up! Backgrounds I Texturz Plates (114512), Full Heart Punch (113693)
The Perfect Touch: Chocolate Chip 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (111367), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Sticky Tape (104294)
IT ALL ENDS 6/30!!! Check out the latest updates to the Last Chance Accessories List, by clicking here!