Today's Father's Day card is a challenge extravaganza. I combined Splitcoast Color Challenge CC 220 and Sketch Challenge SC230. Sassy Stampin' Denise January, from my Stampin' Pretty Pals downline, suggested the colors for this week's SCS challenge: So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie and Bashful Blue. Here's her sample card, Congrats, Denise!
- The Whisper White card base is 5 1/4" x 5 1/4", scored on the top.
- The "dad" image is from "And Many Mower" (Stampin' Up! Occasions Mini Catalog). It's inked in Basic Black and stamped on Whisper White.
- Using Stampin' Up! Markers and Blender Pens, I made my "dad" quite a colorful character.
- TIP: I used a Stampin' Up! Sahara Sand Marker to outline my image for a watercolor look. The marker idea is from Melissa Young, another Stampin' Pretty Pal.
- The image was adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals to Bashful Blue card stock.
- I mounted the image on the right side of some luscious Pumpkin Pie Textured card stock. TIP: After running Whisper White through my Big Shot with a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing folder, I cropped out three 3/4" "golf balls" to accent the left side (propped up with Stampin' Dimensionals).
- A stripe from Washington Apple Designer Series paper is matted on Bashful Blue. TIP: A bit of Bashful Blue Textured card stock is shaped with a Photo Corners Punch to add balance to the top right.
- The vertical panel is More Mustard (an "oops" on my part . . . I meant to use So Saffron to stick with the color challenge). I zipped it through the Big Shot with a Texturz Plate to give this jazzy finish.
- The sentiment (also from "And Many Mower") was cropped with the Large Oval Punch and layered over a 1 1/4" Circle of More Mustard (yep, did it again) and a Designer Label Punch in Bashful Blue.
Stamp Set: Any Many Mower (113724, Occasions Mini Catalog)
Paper: Washington Apple Designer Series (112461), More Mustard (100946), Pumpkin Pie Textured (108697), Bashful Blue Textured (108695), Bashful Blue (105120), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Basic Black (101179), Bashful Blue (105209), So Saffron (105213), Stampin' Up! Markers: Really Rust (100073), Bashful Blue (105111), So Saffron (105114)
Cool Tools: Blender Pen (102845), Large Oval Punch (107305), 1 1/4" Circle Punch (104403), 3/4" Circle Punch (107217), Designer Label Punch (107590), Photo Corners Punch (109042), Big Shot Die Cut Machine (113439), Texturz Plates Kit #4 (114531), Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (www.ucutathome.com)
The Perfect Touch: Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)