My grandnephew, Henry, is almost "there." I thought this "big boy" card (see inside below) would offer a little encouragement as he reaches the potty training finish line.
I discovered the design and instructions for these darling overalls on the Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Web Site. One of the benefits of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is seeing and learning how to create fun projects like this one.
My prototype was created by Stampin' Up! demonstrator Kristian Ethridge, who used the fish stamps from Just Beachy (113796) as her accent. However, I immediately knew the Choo Choo stamp set and Right on Track Wheel (both from the Occasions Mini Catalog) would be perfect for my rough and tumble little Henry.
- Night of Navy Textured card stock was cut at 4 1/4" x 11". It's folded in half (scored on the 4 1/4" side).
- Along the top score, lightly mark with a pencil the halfway point at 2 1/8".
- Punch a half circle for the "neck" using a 1 3/8" Circle Punch.
- For the sleeves, measure from the top 2" down from the sides and mark.
- Using the 1 3/8" Circle Punch, punch out half the circle at the top and on the sides. TIP: The mark that was made at 2" on both sides is where you should align the edge of the circle in your punch–meaning the very edge of your sleeve circle is 2" from the top of the card.
- Cut off the paper from the top edge of your punched circle to finish the sleeve.
- For the pants, measure 1 1/2" in from both sides and place a small mark with a pencil at the base.
- Measure from the bottom 1 1/2" up and centered at 2 1/8". Place a small dot.
- Cut from the marks on the bottom to the small dot to cut out the pant legs.
- The Chocolate Chip train tracks are matted on Certainly Celery.
- The Bashful Blue and Certainly Celer Choo Choo train cars were snipped and mounted on Stampin' Dimensionals. TIP: I am grateful to my Paper Snips for their precision in the tiny nooks.
- The original design had cute "Levi" jean style pockets. However, after all that snipping of the train cars, I simply used the remaining half circles as pockets (from when I chomped the neck).
- A Signo Gel Pen was key in creating the dashes and stitched look.
Aren't these the cutest little undies?
- Cut 2" x 4 1/2" of Whisper White card stock.
- Measure 1" down each side from the top and make a small mark.
- Measure 2 1/8" at the bottom and make a small mark.
- Start your cut from this mark up to each side mark.
- Using a Stampin' Up! Night of Navy Marker, I made dashes around the Whisper White card stock and adhered to the inside.
The letters for "henry" (front) and "big boy" (inside) are from Fashion District Rub-Ons.
Please email me if you would like a free copy of the Stampin' Up! Occasions Mini Catalog (US Only) or click to download Occasions Mini instantly! To see a whole bunch of my samples using stamps and accessories from the Occasions Mini, click here and scroll !
Stamp Set: Choo Choo (113982, Occasions Mini Catalog), Right on Track Wheel (113838, Occasions Mini Catalog)
Paper: Night of Navy Textured 108696), Whisper White (100730), Certainly Celery (105125)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (100908), Certainly Celery (105217), Bashful Blue (105209), Stampin' Up! Night of Navy Marker (100069)
Cool Tools: 1 3/8" Circle Punch (104401), Paper Snips (103579)
The Perfect Touch: White Signo Gel Pen (105021), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Fashion District Rub-Ons (113884)