Today’s holiday gatefold card showcases the Stampin’ Up! Joyful 12 x 12 Specialty Designer Series Paper. The gold foil musical note pattern was an immediate favorite and adds chic style to the card and envelope flap.
WHAT I LOVE! What I Love! Gatefold cards are simple to make and are a wonderful platform to share your paper crafting skills. I love how you slip off the belly band to open it . . . just like opening a little present.
ADD THESE PRODUCTS TO YOUR WISH LIST! The Stampin’ Up! Christmas Classics Bundle, Deckled Circle Dies, Blooming Pearls, and Joyful 12 x 12 Specialty Designer Series Paper will be available for purchase starting Sept. 6, when the holiday catalog begins.
MY STAMPIN’ PRETTY PROJECT TUTORIAL
CUT YOUR CARD STOCK – DIMENSIONS:
- Very Vanilla Thick Card Stock:
- Card Base – 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 2 1/8 and 6 3/8
- Very Vanilla Card Stock:
- Belly Band – 9 1/2 x 1 1/4
- Die-Cut Circle- 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 (before die-cutting)
- Die-Cut Sentiment – 3 3/4 x 1 (before die-cutting)
- Distressed Gold Specialty:
- Die-Cut Circle – 3 3/4 x 3 3/4 (before die-cutting)
- Die-Cut – 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 (before die-cutting)
- Joyful 12 x 12 Specialty Designer Series Paper:
- Die-Cut Circle – 6 x 6 (before die-cutting)
- Envelope Flap – 5 3/4 x 2 1/4
Begin by burnishing the folds of the card base with a Bone Folder.
Crop the Joyful Specialty Designer Series Paper layer with a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (Standard)and the largest Deckled Circle die.
Adhere one circle end to the gatefold flap and trim to size with a Paper Trimmer.
Repeat on the opposite side (ensure your Designer Series Paper design direction matches the other side).
Rub the inside of the card and the Very Vanilla sentiment die-cut with an Embossing Buddy (Embossing Additions Tool Kit).
Use Clear Blocks to stamp the sentiments (Christmas Classics Stamp Set) in Versamark Ink onto the Very Vanilla as shown.
Cover with gold Metallics Embossing Powder. Tap to remove the excess. Set with a Heat Tool.
Lay the card in the center and mark/score the belly band to wrap around the card. Leave a wee bit of room to allow it to slide on and off.
Crop the following with a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (Standard):
- Distressed Gold Layers – 3 1/2 Deckled Circle Die, Christmas Classics Sentiment Die
- Very Vanilla – 3 1/4 Deckled Circle Die
- Sentiment – Coordinating Christmas Classics Die
Adhere the two deckled circle die-cuts together with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
Adhere the sentiment die-cuts together and to the die-cut circles with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Adhere to the belly band with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
POP OF PERSONALITY! Embellish with gold Blooming Pearls.
PERFECT POLISH! Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the Designer Series Paper to the outside flap of a Very Vanilla Medium Envelope. You can see my video demonstration with tips on adding designer paper to an envelope flap here.
SNEAK PEEKS! This card showcases two new products from the upcoming 2023 Holiday Mini Catalog that goes live to customers on September 6, 2023!
- Christmas Classics Bundle – 161977 – p. 31 – $52.00
- Christmas Classics Stamp Set – 161970 – p. 31 – $21.00
- Christmas Classics Dies – 161976 – p. 68 – $37.00
- Joyful 12 x 12 Specialty Designer Series Paper – 161980 – p. 29 – $12.00
- Deckled Circles Dies – 162286 – p. 63 – $37.00
- Blooming Pearls – 162238 – p. 53 – $8.00
WHAT’S NEW & MORE!
WHAT IS A PRODUCT SHARE? I’m offering an opportunity to purchase smaller quantities (shares) of the new 2023 Holiday Mini Catalog Designer Series Paper and ribbon at a lower cost! What a great way to enjoy a sampling of all these fabulous new products before deciding to purchase the full size.
WHAT ARE TULIP REWARDS? Tulip Rewards are my way of personally saying thank you to my frequent shoppers. You earn a tulip for every $50 increment you spend on Stampin’ Up! products through me and can redeem for up to a $50 shopping spree when you reach 10 tulips. I cover shipping, handling and tax on your spree, too!
- $50 – $149.99 ORDER (total before shipping and tax): MUST ADD HOST CODE: VQXK4RNB
- $150+ ORDER (total before shipping and tax): PLEASE DO NOT ADD THE HOST CODE. Your tulips automatically qualify without the code and you earn Stampin’ Rewards!
My project supply list. Click products to shop on-line!