The Stampin’ Up! Butterfly Kisses Suite (including the Best Butterflies Bundle) has a touch of spring, a touch of whimsy and a big dose of coordinating WOW! It is one of My Favorite Things from the Stampin’ Up! Annual catalog!
WHAT I LOVE! I can’t express enough how delightful it is to crop and assemble the butterfly wings and body using the Best Butterflies dies. So much colorful personality for spring!
MY STAMPIN’ PRETTY PROJECT TUTORIAL
CUT YOUR CARD STOCK – DIMENSIONS:
- Starry Sky Card Stock:
- Card Base –4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2
- Die-cut Layer – 2 3/4 x 4 (before die-cutting)
- Die-cut Butterfly Center – 1 1/4 x 2 1/2 (before die-cutting)
- Parakeet Party Card Stock:
- Die-Cut Layer – 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 (before die-cutting)
- Die-cut Butterfly Wings – 2 1/2 x 1 1/4 (before die-cutting)
- Calypso Coral Card Stock:
- Die-cut Butterfly Wings – 2 3/4 x 1 1/4 (before die-cutting)
- Basic White Card Stock:
- Sentiment – 1 7/8 x 3 1/4
- Butterfly Kisses Designer Series Paper:
- Layer – 3 1/4 x 4 5/8
- Envelope Flap – 5 3/4 x 2 1/4
Begin by burnishing the fold of the card base with a Bone Folder.
Crop the following layers with a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (Standard or Mini) and the coordinating Scalloped Contours & Build a Butterfly dies:
- Parakeet Party – ~3 7/8 x 5 1/4 scalloped rectangle, scalloped wings die nestled inside the coordinating wings die
- Starry Sky – ~2 1/2 x 3 3/4 scalloped rectangle, large butterfly body die
- Calypso Coral – striped wings die nestled inside the coordinating wings die
Adhere the Butterfly Kisses DSP layer to the Parakeet Party layer with as shown with Stampin’ Seal and to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Use a Stamparatus to stamp the sentiment (Best Butterflies Stamp Set) in Starry Sky Classic Ink onto the Basic White layer.
Adhere to the Starry Sky die-cut as shown with Stampin’ Seal and to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Adhere the butterfly body die-cut to the wings with as shown with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
Adhere to the card with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Tie a bow of Starry Sky 2022-2024 In Color Baker’s Twine and adhere with a Mini Glue Dot as shown.
POP OF PERSONALITY! Embellish the butterfly body with Starry Sky 2022-2024 In Color Matte Decorative Dots.
PERFECT POLISH! Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the Designer Series Paper to the outside flap of a Basic White Medium Envelope. You can see my video demonstration with tips on adding designer paper to an envelope flap here.
OH, SO PRETTY!
OH, SO PRETTY! If the card above caught your eye, then you might just love butterflies? The Brilliant Wings Dies from Stampin’ Up! let you create intricately detailed die-cut butterflies, as shown on this color block birthday card! You can see the original blog post and project tutorial here.
MY FAVORITE THINGS! All the products used on this card made the list of My Favorite Things from the Stampin’ Up! 2022-2023 Annual Catalog! You can see all of My Favorite Things, Must-Have Tools, and Craft Organization Recommendations here.
WHAT’S NEW & MORE!
SAVE UP TO 60% OFF! Shop the Clearance Rack ! Stampin’ recently added retired stamp sets to the Clearance Rack! All items in the Clearance Rack are While Supplies Last!!
WHAT ARE TULIP REWARDS? Tulip Rewards are my way of personally saying thank you to my frequent shoppers. You earn a tulip for every $50 increment you spend on Stampin’ Up! products through me and can redeem for up to a $50 shopping spree when you reach 10 tulips. I cover shipping, handling and tax on your spree, too!
- $50 – $149.99 ORDER (total before shipping and tax): MUST ADD HOST CODE: GMA2A39S
- $150+ ORDER (total before shipping and tax): PLEASE DO NOT ADD THE HOST CODE. Your tulips automatically qualify without the code and you earn Stampin’ Rewards!
My project supply list. Click products to shop on-line!