Isn’t this Magical Day dragon birthday card adorable? I’m so proud that I didn’t use a stitch of my beloved Whisper White! The Magical Day stamp set and coordinating Magical Mates Framelits Dies are on the list of My Favorite Things from the Stampin’ Up! Occasions Catalog.
SAVE 10% when you purchase the Stampin’ Up! Magical Day stamp set and coordinating Magical Mates Framelits Dies as a bundle.
STAMPIN’ PRETTY STEP BY STEP:
- Using Bermuda Bay card stock, cut a standard card base (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″). Score the middle across the long distance at 5 1/2″.
- Cut Crumb Cake card stock to 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Stamp “You are one of a kind” from Magical Day stamp set with Basic Black Archival Ink on the Crumb Cake piece created above.
- Add a 4″ x 1 1/4″ strip of Pumpkin Pie card stock as shown.
- Wrap Basic Black Solid Baker’s Twine twice around the Pumpkin Pie strip and tie in a bow. Adhere all to card base.
- Stamp the dragon (Bermuda Bay card stock) and flames (Pumpkin Pie card stock) in Basic Black Archival Ink.
- Crop the dragon and flames using the coordinating dies from Magical Mates Framelits Dies.
- TIP: Use the Big Shot Magnetic Platform to keep dies in place over the images during their journey through the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine.
- Make this birthday card sparkle. Paint a little “magic” on the scales, gills, wing and flames using Clear Wink of Stella Glitter. “Wink” is a challenge to photograph but this gives you an idea on placement.
- Crop the oval from Basic Black card stock using Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies. Adhere the dragon and flames to the oval using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Adhere the oval as shown using Stampin’ Dimensionals as well.
- Random is not so random! The “random” Pumpkin Pie dots (Brights Enamel Shapes) are placed for balance and pop around the sentiment.
ENJOY A FREE TUTORIAL FOR TODAY’S CARD here.
YOUR THOUGHTS? I experimented today (and a post earlier this week) with a step by step approach (vs. primarily tips) and measurements for creating this card. I invite your feedback HERE. Did you find this helpful! I can’t promise I can break project details down at this level every time but let’s see what you think!
I love hearing from you! Please leave me your questions or comments about the project for today.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Join My Paper Pumpkin Club and get 3 FREE PDF Tutorials with alternate projects each month.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Tulip Rewards Frequent Shopper Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for 1000+ paper crafting ideas.
- View my FREE PDF Project Tutorials.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.
My project supply list. Click products to shop on-line!