The Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog is filled with project ideas like today’s card using the Bunch of Blossoms Photopolymer Stamp Set and coordinating Blossom Builder Punch. I often see a card in the catalog and can’t wait to try it myself (CASE = Copy and Share with Everyone).
I love hearing from you. If you have a question or thoughts to share about today’s post, please, COMMENT HERE.
STAMPING’ PRETTY TIPS:
- The 4 1/2″ square card base was created with Thick Whisper White card stock. A piece of Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper also cut to 4 1/2″ square was mounted to the card base.
- Soft and pretty! Shimmery White card stock works beautifully with watercoloring. The layer was cut to 4 1/4″ square. A few brushstrokes of an Aqua Painter and Pool Party ink create the soft backdrop for the flower.
- Stamp five large and five small outline petals and watercolor each petal. The base is Flirty Flamingo ink. Once it is dry, use Calypso Coral from the center and work out to add a bit more color and depth to each petal. If you are in a hurry use your heat tool to dry the first layer of watercoloring before moving on to the next layer.
- Stamp two of the star shaped flower centers and color with Crushed Curry ink. Stamp three leaves and color with Old Olive ink.
- Use the Blossom Builder Punch to cut out the petals, star centers and leaves.
- Add the sentiment using Stampin’ Write Markers to ink up the letters directly on the red rubber. To keep the ink moist and even, “huff” on the stamp just before stamping it.
- Assembling the flower is easy with the Silicone Craft Sheet. Place each large petal down and adhere at the tips with Mini Glue Dots. Then layer the smaller petals onto the larger petals with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Stack the two star centers with Mini Glue Dots and then add to the center of the flower with a Stampin’ Dimensional. The final touch is a Crushed Curry Enamel Shape in the center.
- Place the assembled flower onto the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals and tuck the leaves in.
- Tie a piece of Whisper White 1/8″ Sheer Ribbon as the finishing touch.
- Hover and Pin it! The photo below shows key products for today’s Bunch of Blossoms birthday card that you can save or pin to Pinterest. If you are viewing this post by email, you’ll need to click the title of the post to access my blog and pin. See ALL my labeled product photos in one spot on my How to Make Simple Cards board on Pinterest. This project was created by my Stampin’ Pretty Design Group.
THE BEST DEAL OF ALL – Get $72 in FREE BONUS products when you purchase the $99 Starter Kit in July. Do it for you! I welcome hobby stampers who love discounts and are passionate about stamping! Enjoy a minimum of over 6 months of demonstrator discounts and exclusive resources. No pressure, no parties required, no obligation to purchase anything further and no penalty to drop! Full details here!
TALES FROM THAILAND: Friday kicked off with a trip to the Phuket Elephant Sanctuary. It was an exhilarating experience to be so close to observe these incredible creatures. The stories of their abuse are painful (horror stories about how they were treated in the tourist trekking camps and logging industry). However, four injured and retired elephants have been rescued and will live out their lives in love, comfort and freedom! Much, much more work to be done to stop the cruelty!
Here’s more information about this sanctuary from CNN Travel.
More photos from Thailand sharing this incredible incentive trip from Stampin’ Up! on my Stampin’ Pretty Facebook page here.
My project supply list. Click products to shop on-line!