I love the simplicity of this black and white checkerboard background and the splash of sunshine! The “sunshine” was created using Crushed Curry card stock and a die from the Eastern Medallions Thinlits Dies.
I love hearing from you. If you have a question or thoughts to share about today’s post, please, COMMENT HERE.
Here are two ways you can get products from the new Eastern Palace product suite NOW – this is before their release in the new catalog on June 1. The Eastern Medallions Thinlits Dies are only included in the Premier Bundle.
STAMPIN’ PRETTY TIPS:
- Creating the checkerboard background was incredibly easy. I used the smallest square die of the Stampin’ Up! Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies and alternated Basic Black and Thick Whisper White Card Stock.
- I adhered each square to a piece of Whisper White Card stock and cropped evenly, leaving about 1/8″ on all sides. The proportions of the squares (three across and four down) are perfect for a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ card base.
- The beautiful font and sentiment are from Eastern Beauty Photopolymer Stamp Set (included in both the bundles above). It’s cropped with a circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies.
- Here’s a WOW! video I previously shared showing the Eastern Medallions Thinlits Dies in action. Amazing mix and match possibilities. The “flower” die I used for the card needs a few simple snips to release it from the card stock after it’s trip through the Big Shot.
- Hover and Pin it! The photo below shows key products for today’s checkerboard and sunshine card idea that you can save or pin to Pinterest. If you are viewing this post by email, you’ll need to click the title of the post to access my blog and pin. See ALL my labeled product photos in one spot on my How to Make Simple Cards board on Pinterest.
My project supply list. Click products to shop on-line!