Drat–My Christmas Sweater Holiday Tag didn’t win. I created it as a name tag for the Tacky Tag Contest at the World Card Making Day event I attended in Atlanta this past weekend. I didn’t even earn a “tacky” honorable mention for the jangling (obnoxious) silver bell or my “It’s all about ME” sentiment (what could be tackier than that bit of self-indulgence)!
Come on! I thought a Christmas sweater would be a shoe-in for the judges–think of all the ugly Christmas sweater contests that pop up during the holidays! However, much to my surprise no one agreed it was tacky. As a matter of fact, the feedback on my rhinestone studded sweater dotted with Christmas trees was “that is SO cute.” Sigh. I can roll with that. “Cute” is good. Next year I plan sharpen my “tacky” skills.
STAMPIN’ PRETTY TIPS:
- The sweater was created using the onesie from Baby’s First Framelits Dies.
- The “lanyard” is a piece of the 1/8″ Striped Ribbon (Garden Green) in the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog.
- The mini Christmas trees are from the Square Pillow Box Thinlits Dies, on the list of My Favorite Things from the holiday catalog.
- “Me” was cropped from Red Glimmer Paper and was pirated from the word “merry” in the Christmas Greetings Thinlits Dies.
100’S OF CARD IDEAS! Visit my Stampin’ Pretty Gallery for 100’s of card and paper crafting projects!
I love hearing from you! Please leave me your questions or comments about the project for today.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Join My Paper Pumpkin Club and get 3 FREE PDF Tutorials with alternate projects each month.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Tulip Rewards Frequent Shopper Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for 1000+ paper crafting ideas.
- View my FREE PDF Project Tutorials.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.
My project supply list. Click products to shop on-line!