From Scraps to Modern Art

Stampin up stampin up masculine card ideas pretty order online free catalog circle punch demonstrators
Have you ever been inspired by the little heap of scraps that accumulates while you are creating someting else?  When I was popping out 1″ circles from my card scraps for my Card Stock Colors Organizational Chart, I started to see something fun, colorful and sculptural happening.  Today’s card is the end result!

WHAT DO YOU THINK?  Please leave me a comment at the end of this post!

Quick&PrettyBadge7This card goes together in 10 minutes or less.  See more of my Quick & Pretty Card Ideas.

STAMPIN’ PRETTY TIPS:

• The cute little banner sentiment is from Banner Greetings stamp set.  Earn it FREE as a Stampin’ Up! Hostess Reward!  It’s available when you place a qualifying on-line order, too!  Learn more about Hostess Rewards.

Stampin up stampin up masculine card ideas pretty order online free catalogs circle punch demonstrator

• The Pumpkin Pie square was cropped with the 1″ Square Punch.  The Real Red circle was cropped with the 1 3/4″ Circle Punch.  The Rich Razzleberry rectangle (1 5/8″ x 2 1/4″) was hanging around in my scraps and got some time on the dance floor 🙂

• I think this card would look just as edgy in neutrals.  Very masculine!

MaryRedTulip
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY BLOG CANDY TOMORROW!  Stay tuned for details.

EARN A FREE STAMP SET WHEN YOU SHOP WITH ME!  Stampin’ Pretty Tulip Rewards are my way of personally saying “thank you” to my frequent shoppers.  Qualify to earn a FREE stamp set of your choice from ANY current Stampin’ Up! catalog or promotion — ANY PRICE!  My customers love it!   Get the Details on Stampin’ Pretty Tulip Rewards.

Mary signature

MaryEndOfPostOrderButton

Stampin up stampin up masculine card idea pretty order online free catalog circle punch demonstrator
STAMPIN’ UP! SUPPLIES:

Stamp Set:  Banner Greetings (Hostess Rewards Exclusive:  Wood-Mount 129711, Clear-Mount 129714)
Paper:  Crumb Cake (120953), Bermuda Bay (131197), Pumpkin Pie (105117), Real Red (102482), Rich Razzleberry (115316), Very Vanilla (101650)
Ink:  Bermuda Bay (131171)
Cool Tools:  1″ Square Punch (124094), 1 3/4″ Circle Punch (119850), 1″ Circle Punch (119868)
The Perfect Touch:  Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)Banner greetings hostess rewards stampin up stampinup card ideas

0 thoughts on “From Scraps to Modern Art”

1. Mary…this card is too cool. You never cease to AMAZE me with your cards and what you can come up with..you rock!!!

2. Love your blog; so many fantastic ideas. We 16 family members will be celebrating with a barbeque. Will be remembering my sister who passed on Apr. 1 from cancer, but know she will be with us in spirit. Have a great holiday.

3. Yes, this is very appealing and goes well with the hostess set. Very pretty colors too! Great masculine card.

Shirley
    (in Canada)

4. Don’t you just love when art happens “by accident”? This is great use of color and shapes from scraps! Thanks for sharing! ps: I loved the suggestion someone posted about neutrals for a masculine card. Tho I think the card as is could be masculine, I’ll have to try it and compare.

5. This is awesome – just the thing for my small great granddaughters to make – they will be happy – thanks for the idea.

6. Thanks for a great idea on how to use up your scraps! A scrapbooking friend and I just had a conversation over the weekend about what we could do with our scraps – and here’s another great idea! Thank you!

7. This is a fabulous card and a great “re-purpose” idea! I have these scraps all over the place. Retro, yet trendy. Hmmm! I will be busy scouring through that scrap pile now. Thanks for the inspiration. Leslie

8. Mary this is a great idea for using all the little scrapes of paper. You are so talented.
    Have a great day, Ellen

9. Love it! Wish I had your sharp eye for the fun and visually popping ideas in card making! Have a super day and keep sharing those brilliant ideas.

10. Beautiful! I have made cards “seeing spots” and thought I was creative to see how close I can come with circles. LOVE your idea so I’ll have to give this try :o)

11. Terrific! Love using those scraps and negative pieces to create fun and fantastic cards! This is so clean, simple and bold! LOVE IT!!

12. This is just one example of why I begin my mornings with your blog & a cup of coffee! I love the way your brain works girlfriend!

13. Who woulda thought scraps could look so good! Like Margaret, I save everything, but its time to start organizing and this is a great idea for that. Thanks, Mary!

14. Beautiful! I too use up “scraps”, lovely designs on tissue boxes, colorful tags that come on products that can be repurposed. Call me the ultimate frugalist–I recycle everything & simply LOVE what you’ve done w/these “leftover” punches! Some “leftovers”, awesome.

15. This is why I LOVE your blog! You are so clever. Ideas like this don’t come naturally to me, so I love the inspiration. Such a cute card.

16. WOW Mary!! This card looks like a beautiful art piece that could very well be part of a Modern Art collection hanging in a Museum. What a wonderful way to use scraps, I think I will start seeing my left over scrap paper (I keep them in clear plastic shoe boxes, one for each color) in a totally different light from now on!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us today.
    Have a happy day!!
    Maria.

17. Love it! What a great way to use up scraps. The colors really “pop”. You are so talented and creative.

18. I am overrun with scraps and will be using this idea soon and probably a lot with variations. Thanks.