Nutty Neutrals? I worked with a neutral color palette for this week's Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge (PPA118). Neutrals blend beautifully and are oh so sophisticated. It's easy to play the PPA challenges and you can use ANY brand of products you like. Click to see the rest of the PPA Design Team's card and ideas for this week!
The overall dimension of the card base is 5 1/4" square. I trimmed approx. 1" from the right side to give it a custom look. The River Rock Designer Paper peeks through to the front when the card is closed and gives a polished finished to the interior when open.
- To unify the look with the Stampin' Up! Daring Adventure stamp set, I sponged River Rock and Whisper White (Craft) ink on the edges of the layers.
- Placing Stampin' Dimensionals in the four corners underneath the sentiment, left a channel in the middle to run my ribbon through.
- I used the Felt Flower Technique to add a fabric-like texture to the flower. Click to watch my Felt Flower Video Tutorial.
- Stamping the flower layers with text (another stamp from Daring Adventure) gave them a new personality!
- Share your "signature" on the back of your cards with one of the Stampin' Up! personalized stamps. I used Flourish (115600). It was dipped in River Rock and tipped (rock and roll technique) with Soft Suede for a two tone finish.
NEW STAMPIN' UP! PROMO!!! $35 HOSTESS REWARDS BONUS.
Stamp Set: Daring Adventure (W122600, C122602), Flourish Personalized Stamp (115600)
Paper: Neutrals Collection Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack (River Rock, 117157), Early Espresso (119686), Soft Suede (115318), River Rock (108640), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Early Espresso (119670), Soft Suede (115657), River Rock (109101), Whisper White Craft (101731)
Cool Tools: 5-Petal Flower Punch (119880), Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (119275), Sponges
The Perfect Touch: Early Espresso 3/8" Quilted Satin Ribbon (Holiday Mini Catalog, 124104), Antique Brads (117273), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Medium Square Envelope (5 1/2" square, 107289)