Isn't this easel fun? For this week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge (MOJO127), I created an easel card that will help celebrate my teenage nephew's 14th birthday. I think it has enough birthday whimsy without being too young for him. The bold colors bring out the Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper (Occasions Mini Catalog) and masculine, geometric shapes. Click and scroll for more of my masculine card ideas.
Round or Square? Take your pick for this week's Mojo challenge.
- The easel portion of this 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" card (closed) is whipped up in minutes. Click here for the Splitcoaststampers Easel Card Tutorial and video I relied on.
- A punched star, brad and Pumpkin Pie strip are the "kickstand" when the card is set up.
- Line up your brads with precision. I used Stampin' Up!'s Paper-Piercing Tool and Piercing Mat (included in the Mat Pack) to help these Vintage Brads become a happy "chorus line."
- Mini Glue Dots adhere the large button with superhero strength. For a polished touch, I "threaded" a skinny piece of Chocolate Chip card stock through the button holes.
- Stampin' Up!'s Stampin' Write Markers were used to color the sentiment
with three different colors. I love the results.
- Need inspiration? See all my Sale-A-Bration and Occasions Mini Catalog projects in one place!
Stamp Set: Whimsical Words (Sale-A-Bration: Wood-Mount 118386, Clear-Mount 119119)
Paper: Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Stack (117161), Taken With Teal (101584), Pumpkin Pie (105117), So Saffron (105118), Chocolate Chip (102128), Sahara Sand (105328), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Stampin' Write Markers: Chocolate Chip (100071), Taken With Teal (100068), Pumpkin Pie (105115)
Cool Tools: Large Star Punch (110710), Star Punch (109045), Paper Piercing Tool (116631), Piercing Template (105826, Stampin' Up! Mat Pack)
The Perfect Touch: Vintage Brads (109109), Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon (109051), Pumpkin Pie 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (109030), Sherbet Designer Series Button (116312), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Mini Glue Dots (103683)