The colors from the photo said "pick me, pick me" to my creative instincts. Therefore, my card focuses on Pumpkin Pie, Always Artichoke and Whisper White. I thought they would be delightful with the Asian Artistry stamp set (available exclusively as a free Hostess Rewards stamp set).
STAMPIN' PRETTY TIPS:
Watercolor "phobic?" I stamped the bird a second time on colored card stock (Pumpkin Pie), snipped it out and launched it on Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Try layering a sentiment with an image for an interesting effect. I inked the dragon fly stamp in Pumpkin Pie, stamped it off once and stamped it on Whisper White before topping it with the Artichoke sentiment (photo below).
- White space can be beautiful. There's no requirement to decorate every inch of your project.
A lined envelope adds a distinctive polish.
- The Stampin' Up! Designer Series Papers coordinate beautifully. The Pumpkin Pie pattern on the card blends perfectly with the polka dot on the envelope.
- Conserve. I don't run the liner all the way to the bottom . . . just what shows and an inch or two overlap tucked inside.
- Use a pencil to trace the flap on the designer series paper (the "wrong" side). Using Stampin' Up!'s Craft and Paper Scissors (108360, they cut like "buttah:) cut about a quarter inch inside the trace line and "fade" it down the side.
- Fold the flap down and use a bone folder to "set" the crease on the liner.
DID YOU KNOW? On-line orders qualify for Stampin' Up! Hostess Rewards. Earn FREE stamp sets and merchandise starting at $150 in product orders. Click here for details.
Stamp Set: Asian Artistry (114399, Hostess Rewards Level 2)
Paper: Pumpkin Pie Designer Series Paper (112159), Pumpkin Pie (105117), Always Artichoke (105119), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie (105216), Always Artichoke (105219)
The Perfect Touch: Always Artichoke 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (109035), Rich Regals Brads (106953), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Envelope: Whisper White Medium Envelope (107301), Pumpkin Pie Designer Series Paper (112159)