"The way to know life is to love many things." After pouring over the new Stampin' Up! Fall/Winter Idea Book and Catalog, I agree with Mr. Van Gogh completely about loving "many things." The on-line catalog will be available on my blog as soon as possible on Monday, Aug. 11, approximately 1:00 p.m. CST (or noon, Stampin' Up! Mountain Time).
If you would like a copy of the catalog ($9.95, with almost 200 pages of many new Stampin' Up! products, project samples and tutorials), place your catalog order here. I'll cover the mailing cost (a $4.80 savings) and you will have your copy in 2-3 business days (priority mail, US only). See below for details on upcoming promotions, too!!
These delicious colors (inspired by a card in a Stampin' Up! demonstrator magazine) make this card simple and modern . . . my kind of artwork. I think Vincent would have gotten his artistic fix, too. I stamped the sentiment from Dreams du Jour using Chocolate Chip ink on Whisper White card stock. The mats below are Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze card stock.
The card base is Chocolate Chip (5.5 x 4.25") with a layer of So Saffron on top. The So Saffron layer is jazzed up using the Stitched Background stamp producing just a subtle effect when combined with So Saffron ink. TIP: I love this tone on tone look! TIP: Using a Paper Piercer and Template (Stampin' Up!'s Crafter's Tool Kit) the edges get a little attention, too.
The finishing touches include Stampin' Up!'s sumptuous Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon (I have every color of this ribbon) and five funkalicious accents. TIP: To create the accents, I popped out five 1/2" circles of Baja Breeze and five 1/4" circles of Chocolate Chip to land on top. Some adhesive rhinestones (non-Stampin' Up!), add some bling and satisfy this week's Splitcoast Ways to Use Challenge (Be-jeweled).
TIP: All daily Splitcoast Challenges are listed on my right side bar . . . play along and leave a comment at the end of this post (or future posts) with a link to your sample! I would love to see your creations 🙂
Hugs and Pretties . . . Mary
Stamp Sets: Dreams du Jour, Stitched Background
Paper: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Cool Tools: 1/4" and 1/2" Circle Punches, Paper Piercer and Template (Stampin' Up!'s Crafter's Tool Kit)
The Perfect Touch: Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Non-SU Stick-On Rhinestones
YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS AUG. 11!! I'll have all the details here on Stampin' Pretty.
- Aug. 11 marks the on-line release of the new Stampin' Up!
Fall/Winter Idea Book and Catalog, at 1:00 CST. I'll be standing by
ready to offer it on my blog as soon as possible.
- Fall/Winter on-line catalog orders may be placed by clicking here when the catalog is up.
- I will post the new on-line Stampin' Up! Sampler Catalog early (for you reading pleasure while we wait for the full collection).
- 10 brand new die cut stamps will go on sale for 15% off, no further purchase necessary
- NEW! 3 Mini Demonstrator Starter Kits will be available for $99 each (a stamping hobbyist's dream). Share the fun! Ask me about joining my Stampin' Pretty Pals Virtual Downline!
- Your choice of any stamp set in the Fall/Winter catalog with a purchase of the full Starter Kit ($199, already a 40% savings)
- Fall/Winter Catalog Card Gallery