Today’s card (shared yesterday on my Stampin’ Pretty Facebook Page) is for my husband, Scott. He’s a “no frills” kind of guy so a change up from traditional Valentine’s day colors and a bold, graphic design are essential. I was inspired by the retro colors (More Mustard, Pool Party, Soft Suede) and design from this advertisement from a local restaurant (best guacamole in Tucson)!
- A 1″ Square Punch pops out this fun pattern in seconds.
- I used the new Stampin’ Up! Hearts Collection Framelits Dies (new in the Occasions Mini Catalog) to crop all three hearts with my Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine.
- The Pinking Hearts Border Punch is “spot on” for a valentine (and so much more).
- A coordinating More Mustard Designer Button with a touch of Linen Thread breaks up the symmetry.
- This card measures 6 x 4 1/4″. One of the dangers of stamping at 3:00 a.m. (one of my favorite cures for insomnia) is getting to the finish line and realizing your card is not 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ as planned. Fortunately, it fit like a glove (you could even go an 1/8″ smaller on the width for an easier fit) in our large cello bag (6 x8″). I cut off part of the cello bag top to shorten the “flap.”
IT’S TIME TO SALE-A-BRATE. Enjoy free gifts starting with a product order of $50 or more. Get the Stampin’ Up! Sale-A-Bration Scoop!
WHY SHOP WITH STAMPIN’ PRETTY? When you place an on-line order thru me, you instantly become one of my Stampin’ Pretty Preferred Customers. EARN FREE STAMPS with my Tulip Rewards Frequent Shopper Program.
Stamp Set: P. S. I Love You (Wood-Mount 125460, Clear-Mount 125462)
Paper: Neutrals Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack (117157), Soft Suede (115318), More Mustard (100946), Pool Party (122924), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Soft Suede (115318)
Cool Tools: Full Heart Punch (back of envelope, 119883), Pinking Hearts Border Punch (117649), 1″ Square Punch (124093), Hearts Collection Framelits Dies (125599), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)
The Perfect Touch: Regals Designer Buttons (119744), Linen Thread (104199), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
Other: 6″ x 8″ Cello Bag (used as envelope, 102210)