More Mojo Monday Mojo-liciousness! My design for this week's Mojo Monday Sketch 96 highlights some of my new favorites from the latest Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog, the Very Thankful stamp set (love that peacock and $2 goes to support the Ronald McDonald House) and Nouveau Chic Designer Series Paper.
- The Nouveau Chic Designer Series Paper is even prettier in real life than in the catalog. It combines sophisticated patterns with Basic Black, Basic Gray, Sage Shadow and Apricot Appeal.
- Prompted by the Mojo sketch, I layered three Nouveau DP strips over Apricot Appeal Textured card stock and a Whisper White 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base. TIP: Each strip is 1 1/8" wide and 5" tall.
- Using a Circle Scissor Plus, I cropped a 2" Whisper White circle and easily sized up to create a 2 1/4" Basic Black Circle. A quick and easy mat. Delightful tool.
- The peacock from Very Thankful (don't miss this set on the back inside cover of the catalog) was inked in Jet Black Stazon ink. TIP: I prefer Jet Black Stazon over Basic Black Classic Ink for dark, crisp images.
- TIP: Using a Stamp-a-ma-jig, I lined up the peacock and stamped precisely where I wanted it in the Whisper White Circle.
- Stampin' Up!'s Soft Subtles Markers in Sage Shadow and Apricot Appeal jazz up the peacock feathers. Simple and very fun to do!
- I layered the Whisper White Circle over the Basic Black circle.
- The horizontal banner is created with Apricot Appeal Textured card stock, one of my "go to" tricks for providing a "textural wow" in clean and modern designs.
- Using a Paper Piercer and Template, I lined up three holes for Stampin' Up!'s Vintage Brads (Black).
- The banner was adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals for a 3-D effect.
- TIP: A coordinated envelope makes a homemade card a home run. Using another gorgeous pattern from Nouveau Chic, I customized my envelope flap. Simply attach the designer paper to the flap, flip over and cut away the excess.
Have you checked out Stampin' Up!'s Starter Kit Specials? Starting at $85, the kits offer the perfect opportunity to enjoy discounts on Stampin' Up! products (hobby demos welcome) or earn extra income. Take your papercrafting to a new level with my fabulous and welcoming virtual downline, the Stampin' Pretty Pals.
Stamp Set: Very Thankful (115338)
Paper: Nouveau Chic Designer Series (115670), Apricot Appeal Textured (Soft Subtles Assorted, 108695), Basic Black (102851), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Jet Black Stazon (101406), Stampin' Up! Markers: Apricot Appeal (105107), Sage Shadow (100040)
Cool Tools: Circle Scissor Plus (112530), Paper Piercer (116631) and Template (105826, Mat Pack)
The Perfect Touch: Vintage Brads (109109, Black), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)