I have to admit the concept of washi tape didn’t initially “wow” me. However, the more I experiment with it, the more I have come to adore the fun, colorful patterns and simplicity of using it when decorating a handmade card. Need ideas for using Washi Tape? The Stampin’ Up! “What to Washi On-Line Class” is loaded with tips and inspiration. Details here.
STAMPIN’ PRETTY TIPS:
- Perhaps the “merry” in the Very Merry Tags stamp set (Wood-Mount or Clear-Mount) is the fact that each image coordinates with a stamp image and punch. See all Very Merry Tags images at the end of this post. Does it get any easier to stamp and crop with precision?
- The “Bah Humbug” sentiment was designed to be punched with the Artisan Label Punch.
- Heat emboss in coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors? Oh, so yummy! I used Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Emboss Powder for the “Bah Humbug” sentiment.
- And about that pretty little bow (and a few others you have seen from me lately) . . . I was recently introduced to Lee Conrey’s Magic Bowmaker. It took a little practice for me to get the hang of it (be sure to tie the final knot tight before slipping off the pegs) but it seems second nature now. Lee has a video for creating a single bow and a double bow.
- My favorite tip from Lee: Slip a small piece of ribbon inside the loop of the final knot before tying tight to create little tails (as I did on today’s card). Lays nice and flat, too!
NEW WEEKLY DEALS (Oct. 29 – Nov. 4). Don’t miss these NEW DEALS on select Stampin’ Up! products. Ends Nov. 4.
STAMPIN’ UP! SUPPLIES:
Stamp Set: Very Merry Tags (Wood-Mount 130393, Clear-Mount 130402)
Paper: Season of Style Designer Series Paper (132340), Crumb Cake (120953), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: VersaMark Pad (102283)
Cool Tools: Artisan Label Punch (130920), Envelope Liners Framelits Dies (132172), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Heat Tool (129053)
The Perfect Touch: Season of Style Designer Washi Tape (132155), Regals Candy Dots (130932), Old Olive 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon (119256), Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Emboss Powder (122949), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
Other: Crumb Cake Medium Envelope (107297)
VERY MERRY TAGS