Pals Guest Stamper: Jane K.

IMG_2629-001
It feels like a vintage children’s book to me.  Precious.  Jane Knudsen, is today’s guest stamper and a member of my Stampin’ Pretty Pals.  She doesn’t have a blog but has offered a detailed explanation below on how she created this masterpiece!   I’m so proud of her project . . . right down the the fabulous photography!

FROM JANE K.:

My
card is meant to mimic a well worn leather bound journal.  Using Always Artichoke and Crumb Cake, I made the journal, distressing and adding faux
stitching.  After creating my background paper using Summer Starfruit
and the Hello, Doily stamp (in Always Artichoke, Real Red and Crumb Cake),
I cut out the window framelit and the blossom party flowers.

IMG_2633-001
I wrapped
the card in Early Espresso baker’s twine so that I could weave the Pear Pizzazz
oval in and out.  I added a pop of a Real Red window framelit to layer
on the Summer Starfruit and give the eye something to draw to and then
added the Canvas Creations piece that I stamped using the Little
Friends.  I offset each window framelit to add a bit of interest.  The
layers all got a dose of Early Espresso on the edges.  Finally, to add
some balance, I added the blossom party flowers and the sentiment from
Loving Thoughts, cut out using the Bitty Banners Framelits Die.

HOT TIP for the Stampin’ Up! Canvas Creations product ? I used black stazon and stamped on the
back side of the canvas.  This gave a clearer image than when I stamped
on the front.  I used the blender pen to color the little friends out of
the watercolor crayons and ink pads.

STAMPIN’ UP! SUPPLIES USED

Paper:  Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake, Real Red, Pear Pizzazz, Summer Starfruit, Canvas Creations
Stamp sets:  Little Friends, Loving Thoughts, Hello Doily
Framelits/dies:  Windows, Bitty Banners, Ovals, Blossom Party
Inks:
Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake, Real Red, Early Espresso, Black Stazon, Summer Starfruit, Blush Blossom Marker
Watercolor crayons:  Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Always Artichoke, Daffodil Delight, Certainly Celery, Garden Green
Baker’s Twine:
  Early Espresso
Buttons:
  Early Espresso, Real Red, Crumb Cake
Pearls

MaryRedTulipJOIN MY STAMPIN’ PRETTY PALS!

Purchase the Stampin’ Up! $99 Starter Kit through me and take advantage an extra $30 of free product for your kit, enjoy all the benefits of being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator (hobby or business) and become a member of My Stampin’ Pretty Pals Community.

TELL ME MORE INCLUDING
HOW I CAN ADD NEW CATALOG PRODUCTS TO MY KIT!

From Stampin’ Pretty Pal Kari:  I’m truly GRATEFUL for you, the Pals, and how kind and professional our group is.

Mary signature

MaryEndOfPostOrderButton

0 thoughts on “Pals Guest Stamper: Jane K.”

1. What a sweet and different card! Reminds me of sisters… Thank you for sharing her creativity Mary!

2. Hi all, thank you for all of the wonderful comments! This was a fun project to do! A huge thank you to Mary for her generosity and support! Happy crafting everyone….Jane

3. Jane, yours is one of the most charming cards I think I have ever seen. Absolutely brought back memories to me of reading little girl story books with my mother and grandmother in the early 1960s. Now that is what card making is all about. I am continually amazed and wowed by the team of wonderful stampers you have Mary.

4. Jane This is a lovely card. The colors are so sweet. I love the way it looks like a well worn children’s book. You did a wonderful; job. You need a web site. Good luck to you. Thank you for sharing. Ellen

5. Jane, this is incredible! I love all of the details in your card…the baker’s twine, the faux stitching, the doily background stamping…just gorgeous!! So glad to see your card today 🙂

6. that’s soo cute …Jane and that looks like Jane and Dick book …Right ? when I was young that was a great book ! thanks for sharing
    f,

7. This is just beautiful. What a tedious and wonderful job…love the way it turned out. This is not by style but love everything about it. Thanks for the tip on the canvas.