It’s a Retirement Party! It’s the Pals Blog Hop! It’s the Pals Retirement Party Blog Hop! Today the Stampin’ Pretty Pals are sharing some fabulous cards and projects showcasing our favorite retiring products! You’ve probably hopped over from stop number 1, Angie Blake’s Blog. I’m stop number 2 on the Pals Hop. I’ll help you “hop along” from blog to blog where you’ll find great ideas for retiring Stampin’ Up! products from the Stampin’ Pretty Pals! Should you hop off course, simply click on any of the links in the Pals Hop Line-up below and you’ll be back on track.
NOTE: The charming badge above and “previous” and “next” buttons below were created by Pal Nicole Watt using My Digital Studio. Thanks so much, Nicole!
- I cropped the card base to 3 7/8″ wide x 5 1/2″ high. This allows the sentiment to exceed the edges of the card (the sentiment banner is 4 1/4″ wide) but still fit in a Stampin’ Up! Medium Envelope.
- Other than the card base and the oval sentiment, I sponged the edges with corresponding colors.
- Layering the artichoke stamp from Homegrown stamp set (Stampin’ Up! Retiring Stamp List), gives the First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper an entirely new look. The artichoke was inked in Pear Pizzazz.
- The simple “thanks” sentiment is from Thank You Kindly (Stampin’ Up! Retiring Stamp List). Retiring stamps are available through May 31 and then they are GONE!
- Those Chocolate Chip 5/8″ Jumbo Brads (currently 40% off) are headed for retirement, too. See Stampin’ Up! Retiring Accessories List–only available while supplies last! Items with an “X” on the right are sold out.
- For a pretty touch to the Very Vanilla Medium Envelope, I cropped and embossed it using the Stampin’ Up! Adorning Accents Edgelits and Embossing Folders. Both are available now and will continue in the new catalog. See Stampin’ Up! Carryover Product List.
Stamp Sets Retiring After 5/31: Homegrown (Wood-Mount 116986, Clear-Mount 120486), Thank You Kindly (Wood-Mount 111700)
Paper: Pear Pizzazz* (119795), Very Vanilla (101650), Always Artichoke (105119)
Ink: Pear Pizzazz* (119784), Always Artichoke (105219), Chocolate Chip (100908)
Cool Tools: Extra Large Oval Punch (119859), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Lots of Tags Sizzlits Dies (114508), Adorning Accents Edgelits (125595), Adorning Accents Embossing Folders (125601), Sponges (101610)
The Perfect Touch: 5/8″ Jumbo Brads* (112533), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
Other: Medium Very Vanilla Envelope (107300)
*Included on the Stampin’ Up! Retiring Accessories List. Available ONLY while supplies last.
Now hop along for more inspiring ideas from Kim Luithle’s Blog, stop number 3 on the Pals Retirement Party Blog Hop! Thanks for “hopping” by!
- Angie Blake at Angie’s Musings
- Mary Fish at Stampin Pretty
- Kim Luithle at Kim’s Stampin
- Jennifer Takacs at My Stampin’ Blog
- Leslie Davis at Ellalicious Elements
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Laurie Mercer at My Stampin’ Blog
- Nicole Watt at Impressions By Nicole
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Kylie Nicolosi at Kylie’s Crafty Corner
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Max Conrad at Stamp to the MAX
- Mikki Sarkisyan at Mikki’s Creative Corner
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Shannon Jaramillo at EZPeasyCards
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Scrap with Susan
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin’ Space
- Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn