I was able to look over the shoulder of one of my fellow demonstrators who was swapping in Orlando and spotted a card with this punched owl holding a diploma by Alecia Connelly. I added glasses to make his IQ soar and gave him the stage on a simple fold card! This scholarly guy will be a hoot for all the graduation cards I need this year!
- In addition to the Owl Builder Punch, I used the Petite Pennants Builder Punch (snipped to create the top of the hat), Bird Builder Punch for the stem, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack for the Basic Black Circles behind the eyes (to look like glasses), Scallop Oval Punch for the wings. I cut the bottom of the hat and sides of the glasses free hand.
- The diploma is a piece of copy paper I “rescued” from the trash bin and wrapped in Linen Thread.
- I used Crumb Cake ink to sponge just about everything!
- To create the fold card, cut card stock to 8.5 x 5.5. Then score the short distance at 2 1/8″ and 6 3/8″. So easy with the Stampin’ Up! Simply Scored Scoring Tool.
- The belly band is 1 3/4″ wide x 7″. It doesn’t need to be longer because you can center the card on it, bend (or score) the band around the card to the front and hide under the 2 1/2″ Circle.
- Good News! Loving Thoughts stamp set (from the Occasions Mini Catalog) is STILL available and WILL be in the new catalog. Click the Stampin’ Up! Occasions Mini Carryover List to see more items that aren’t in the catalog but are available NOW!
EARN FREE STAMPS WITH MY STAMPIN’ PRETTY TULIP REWARDS PROGRAM. It’s my way of saying thank you to my loyal customers. Learn more.
GET THE NEW 2012-2013 STAMPIN’ UP! CATALOG FREE & FAST: Offer ends 5/15. Get the details.
YOUR STASH IS MY STASH BLOG CANDY GIVEAWAY. Don’t miss out on your chance to win my stash of retiring 2010-2012 Retiring In Color products. Click here to play.
Stamp Set: Loving Thoughts (Wood-Mount 125843, Clear-Mount 125845), Woodgrain Background (117100)
Paper: Regals Designer Series Paper Stack (117154), Crumb Cake (120953), Bravo Burgundy (105123), Basic Black (121045), Pumpkin Pie (beak, 105117), Very Vanilla (101650)
Ink: Crumb Cake (126975), Basic Black (126980)
Cool Tools: Scallop Oval Punch (119856), 2 1/2″ Circle Punch (120906), Petite Pennants Builder Punch (122361), Owl Builder Punch (118074), Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309), Bird Builder Punch (117191), Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334), Stamping Sponges (101610)
The Perfect Touch: Linen Thread (104199), Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)