FYI: This card and challenge was buried during a malfunction of my Feedburner email delivery. I decided to publish it again since it's a popular challenge. Sorry for any duplication for those of you who already received it!
The Pals Paper Arts Design Team kicks off another sketch challenge (PPA22). This wonderful layout was created by Stampin' Pretty Pal Margaret Moody (her blog). Click here to see this week's inspiration samples and play along!
One of the darlings of the Stampin' Up! Occasions Mini Catalog (available Jan. 5) is the Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch. It's pops out a bird, stem and wing . . . delightful for mixing the new Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper (also available Jan. 5) in today's card.
Stampin' Up! punches will be launched in a new design beginning with the Occasions Mini Catalog. The punches are easy to use plus lock down for stackable storage. Click here for more information.
- Woo hoo! Check out today's delicious patterns from Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper (Occasions Mini Catalog). The 12 x 12 Pad includes 48 sheets of coordinating paper. Love it!
- I punched the stem twice with the bird punch. The Chocolate Chip stem layers below the orange polka dot version to create a shadow.
- The "happy birthday" sentiment is from Happy Moments (clear mount), one of the cool new Sale-A-Bration free stamp products (starting with $50 in product orders). Sale-A-Bration begins Jan. 5!
- The tiny tag hanging fromm the ribbon was created using the new Tiny Tags stamp (Occasions Mini). Aptly named, yes?
- To line up the brads all "purdy-like," I use a Paper Piercing Tool and the Piercing Mat from Stampin' Up!'s Mat Pack.
Stamp Set: Happy Moments Clear Mount (119125, Sale-A-Bration Catalog), Tiny Tags (118091, Occasions Mini Catalog)
Paper: Sweet Pea Designer Series, (117161, Occasions Mini Catalog), Pumpkin Pie (105117), Chocolate Chip (102128), So Saffron (105118), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (100908)
Cool Tools: Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch, (117191, Occasions Mini Catalog), Word Window Punch (105090), Paper Piercing Tool (116631), Mat Pack (105826), 3/4" (107217), 1 1/4" (104403) and 1 3/8" (104401) Circle Punches
The Perfect Touch: Silver Brads (104336), Pumpkin Pie 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (109030), Linen Thread (104199)