Pretty and simple are the theme of today's 5.25 x 5.25 card using Stampin' Up!'s new Fifth Avenue Floral stamp. This is the first sketch I have tried from the Clean & Simple blog (thanks for the tip, Banu!) and I encourage you to take a peek at their fabulous layouts.
I inked up my Fifth Avenue blossom in Baja Breeze and stamped off once (on a scratch piece of paper) before stamping on Whisper White. TIP: This creates a soft background for layering the sentiment. Using a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, I added the sentiment right where I wanted. CLICK HERE for a tutorial on using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, one of my favorite tools.
Using a Texturz Plate (see pattern options below), I added a whimsical flower texture to the Basic Grey layer. TIP: Spritz the card stock with water before using the Texturz plates and the Big Shot Die Cut Machine. It creates a more defined impression (still softer than a Cuttlebug Folder). Thanks, Cindy O'Connor, for the handy tip. Be sure to keep your card stock flat while it's drying (only takes seconds) to avoid curling.
A Soho Designer hardware "eyelet" becomes my "wow" factor. I added it with a Crop-A-Dile, popping out the hole with the 3/16" punch and using the B1 setting (use A1 for open center pieces). TIP: Gently squeeze so you don't damage the eyelet.
The polka dot pattern is from Stampin' Up!'s new Urban Oasis Designer Series Paper. It's layered over a luscious piece of Kiwi Kiss Textured card stock. Three brads from Vintage Brads line up neatly in the corner. TIP: A Paper Piercer and Template (Stampin' Up!'s Crafter's Tool Kit) make lining these guys up at attention a snap.
Sale-A-Bration runs Feb. 1 thru March 31
- The Sale-A-Bration brochure will be available for download on my blog on Feb. 1 (12:01 a.m. CST) OR email me, if you would like a FREE copy.
- On-Line Orders qualify for all benefits (including hostess)
- Earn free Sale-A-Bration stamps, ribbon or designer paper with every $50 you spend.
- Bonus: Receive a free Sale-A-Bration product (in addition to above) with orders of at least $300, $600 or $900.
- Join the Stampin' Pretty Pals (my virtual downline) and receive a FREE stamp set of your choice (up to $47.95 value), plus all the other demonstrator benefits. Additional sign-up incentive to be announced with Sale-A-Bration!
- Get a FREE Spring/Summer Idea Book & Catalog with any on-line order. Feb. 1 thru April 30 (or 22,000 orders, whichever comes first).
Please email me if you have any questions on how you can benefit!
Don't miss my completed Stampin' Pretty Stamping Zone (and video).
Stamp Set: Fifth Avenue Floral (113734)
Paper: Urban Oasis Designer Series (113978), Kiwi Kiss Textured (111345, In Color Assorted), Basic Gray (108692), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Baja Breeze (111833), Basic Gray (109120)
Cool Tools: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (101049), Crop-A-Dile (108362), Big Shot Die-Cut Machine113439), Texturz Plates Kit #4 (114531), Paper Piercer and Template (104310, Crafter's Tool Kit)
The Perfect Touch: Soho Designer Hardware, Vintage Brads