How tweet it is! Stampin' Up!'s new On Board So Tweet ($14.95) includes six 9" x 9" chipboard die cut sheets with more than 80 images of retro birds, owls, pears, flowers and more (scroll down for photo). This card is for my nephew's new baby girl. However, think how versatile it could be for birthday, thank you, spring or even Easter creations.
This is the first time I have owned Stampin' Up! On Board die cuts. I was a little nervous about how easily I could cover them with Designer Paper. No worries.
Cut a piece of Designer Paper larger than the chipboard object you are covering.
- Adhere, making sure the side you want exposed is showing.
- Using a Paper Snips, trim excess paper.
- Sanding tools soften and blend any rough edges.
- I discovered a Crop-A-Dile (the larger hole) pops out the eye perfectly.
TIP: You can use Stampin' Up!'s sanding blocks (103301) to blend the edges. However, I used
sanding tools from BasicGrey, featuring nifty shapes to sneak into and sand crevices. Click Precision File Set ($6.99) for details.
This design is attributed to Splitcoast Sketch Challenge, SC213, and my demo downline challenge "Have a Heart." TIP: My favorite daily challenges are linked for your convenience on my left side bar.
What simplified the design was playing with the coordinated patterns from the Delicate Dots Designer Series Paper, an exclusive Sale-A-Bration product (one product free with every $50 in Stampin' Up! merchandise. Starts Feb. 1).
The sentiment (Bashful Blue) is from Sweet Little Sentiments (Hostess Level 1) TIP: All hostess rewards and free merchandise are available when you place an on-line order beginning at $150 in Stampin' Up! products. Combined with Sale-A-Bration, it's a smart time to stock up or order with friends to earn these fabulous free items.
Sale-A-Bration runs Feb. 1 thru March 31 (all free items are available with on-line orders)
- The Sale-A-Bration brochure will be available for download on my blog on Feb. 1 OR email me, if you would like a FREE copy.
- Earn free Sale-A-Bration stamps, ribbon or designer paper with every $50 you spend.
- Bonus: Receive a free Sale-A-Bration product (in addition to above) with orders of at least $300, $600 or $900.
- Join the Stampin' Pretty Pals (my virtual downline) and receive a FREE stamp set of your choice (up to $47.95 value), plus all the other demonstrator benefits.
- Get a FREE Spring/Summer Idea Book & Catalog with any on-line order. Feb. 1 thru April 30 (or 22,000 orders, whichever comes first).
Please email me if you have any questions on how you can benefit!
Don't miss my completed Stampin' Pretty Stamping Zone (and video).
Stamp Set: Sweet Little Sentiments (113690, Hostess Level 1)
Paper: Delicate Dots Designer Series (114674, Sale-A-Bration Promotion), Certainly Celery (105125), Bashful Blue (105120), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Bashful Blue (105209)
Cool Tools: Corner Rounder Punch (109047), Paper Piercer and Template (104310, Stampin' Up!'s Crafter's Tool Kit), Crop-A-Dile (108362), BasicGrey Precision File Set (Non-SU)
The Perfect Touch: On Board Chipboard So Tweet (113893), Soft Subtles Brads (106954)