New WOW! Video Tutorial! Making Frames

I promised you in yesterday’s post that I would share how quick and fun it is to make frames for your paper crafting focal points.  Today’s 1 Minute to WOW! Video Tutorial shares the “how” using the Stampin’ Up! Magnetic Platform (on back order until the week of Aug. 26), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine and the Squares Collection Framelits Dies.  Enjoy!

Stampin up stampinup bitty butterfly punch mojo monday get well card ideas free catalogs
Here’s yesterday’s Butterfly Collection card using the first frame I demonstrate in the video.

Stampin up stampinup bitty butterfly punch mojo monday get well cards idea free catalog order pretty
Zoomed in!

BUY 3 GET 1 FREE!  New for July!  Get the details on the Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Paper Promotion.

Mary signature

MaryEndOfPostOrderButton

0 thoughts on “New WOW! Video Tutorial! Making Frames”

1. Hi or Hello Mary: one thing to say I love your cards and you’re my inspiration believe me. I love this style card, simple but classic at the same time.

Thank you going to make a frame I have never thought of it alone. Thank you for your beautiful cards and give us your stuff that I love. Let go and thank you for being there.

An admirer who follows you regularly.

2. Hi Mary~ You’re WOW videos are really great! So many great ideas… Thank you for doing them and sharing your beautiful designs!

3. My favorite WOW video of all time! Thank you Mary! Now when I get my platform I know the first thing I am going to do with it. I did order one but its on backorder! 🙁 sad face!

4. Mary, I love your 1 Minute to WOW videos! Thank you for this one! I am a visual person and seeing our videos really helps!

5. YES…..SUPER COOL Mary! LOVE my magnetic platform. I bought an extra set of plates that have been dedicated to the use of my platform and flip them with each use. Thanks for sharing Mary!

6. Mary, Thank you for another wonderful video. I love all of your wonderful ideas. Your tips are great. I learn so much from you and your viewers. Thank you Maria for the tips also. My next order has to have the new magnetic plate and new cutting pads. Thank you Mary. I love how you can use the framelets in so many ways. Have a great day, Hugs, Ellen

7. I would love to hear other suggestions, too. I flipped, turned, and switched my plates and the only thing I’ve cut with my Big Shot so far is framelits (and three or four times with embossing folders), and yet the plates are curving. I used it a lot in a week preparing wedding favors, for which I cut shapes with framelits (made around 200 tags, so 200 cuts). I’ll try storing the pads in the Big Shot. Maybe that will help. It just seemed to me that they got curvy awfully quickly!

8. Good questions. I recommend you flip the plates regularly (as Maria suggested) and keep a dedicated set for framelits. The framelits are fairly flat so shouldn’t cause much change over time if you have dedicated cutting pads. Using cutting pads with bigz dies seems (in my experience) to increase the chances of warping over the long haul, so keep those pads separate. If anyone else has an idea to share, please feel free!

9. I had a similar problem with my cutting pads so, I tried to flip them after each use to give each side a pass. I also store them in the Big Shot, I roll them with the platform and leave them right in the middle that way, the “bump” is flattened. Hope this helps.

10. Thank you for demonstrating the technique for making frames.

I have a question about the cutting pads with the magnetic platform. I have already seen it mentioned that it is best to have flat cutting pads to use with the magnetic platform, but my cutting pads are already curving. What can I do differently to cut down on the curve? I’ve been trying to flip them and switch them and cut near the edge as well as in the center. Even with all that, they are curved. I guess when I finally am able to get the magnetic platform, I will get new pads to go with it, but what can I do next time to avoid the curve?

Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful projects with us!