Ready for the Ultimate Stamping Space Journey?

SDC16514-1
It started recently with the "peephole" in my ceiling above.  After much discussion, budgeting and planning, I decided to revamp my current stamping space into something much more efficient (more storage and counterspace, quick access), permanent (installed cabinets) and filled with fun organizational ideas.

The picture above represents the first sign of light . . .  literally.  I wanted more natural light and have installed two 14" solar tubes in my stamping space (the loft was too dark).  Talk about "seeing the light!"  "Sky" (seriously, that's his name–how appropriate for a skylight guy) peeks through from my roof after the first full hole is cut.

SDC16518-1
I'll be using many of the ideas I learned from creating my original stamping zone and loft, PLUS introducing new ideas (many from readers) to make my Ultimate Stamping Space Journey complete.  Be ready to share advice as I'll look to you for input, too, along the way.  I still have plenty of decisions to make (paint colors or new ways to store ribbon, for example).  Ideas will be rolling while the dust flies on both on my Stampin' Pretty Blog and my Stampin' Pretty Facebook Fan PageSTAY TUNED.

Even Isabel (my very social pug) gets in on the action.  She's digging the brighter space. The noise sent our new kitty, Sasha, to a quiet reprieve in the tv chest.

SDC16512-1

HOT, HOT, HOT!  My new Summer Mini Festival Video Class is available and getting a fabulous response.  Click for class details and early bird pricing.

Black signature ivory

CLICK TO ORDER STAMPIN' UP! PRODUCTS ON-LINE 24/7!

0 thoughts on “Ready for the Ultimate Stamping Space Journey?”

1. Love the Puggy! Can’t wait to see your new space and I think it’s awesome you are using sunlight and “going green”! You are an inspiration to all!

2. Excuse my english, I come from Qu?bec.

I like the photo with your pug, so cute. I have same dog, its a 12 years old girl (Rosalie).

Have a good day !

3. Oh, how I love all these ideas and support. Tracy B., I just ordered the magazine . . . can’t wait. Thanks for the tip and, of course, you can get a personal tour! Hugs, M

4. You will LOVE the solar tubes. One of my customers in Sun City, AZ has them and I love creating at her house. She said she still tries to turn “off” the lights in her rooms and she’s had them a while, but she loves them. I hope to put some in someday. Anything to save some electricity and add some natural light to my crafting.

Enjoy!!

Donna from Phoenix

5. Lovely! I love the solatubes we’ve put in our Oro Valley, AZ house. They bring wonderful light to enclosed non-window spaces. We have them in our guest bath which is an inside room and I’ve often gotten a chuckle out of guests who say they tried turning the “light” out when they left the bathroom!

6. Hello Mary: I’m fortunate enough to have lots of natural light coming into my craft room. This is acctually a bedroom but I kind of claimed it for my own when I started having more and more “stuff” and toys. The table where I do my humble creations is right in front of a window overlooking my backyard. I have a bird feeder there that fits in the opening of the other window and it has a double side mirror where the birds can’t see you but you can see them. It’s awesome because the Cardinals, Blue Jays, Finches, Chickadees and other birds come to the window to eat and I can just come up real close to the feeder to see them but they can’t see me.
    I have taken inspiration from you even for this space that’s mine and for that, I’m grateful.
    I can’t wait to see the final result.
    Take care.
    Maria.

7. COOL ! I followed you on your last updated craft space and I can’t wait to see what you’ll do now! Ahhh Ummmm….?? Would you consider coming up to Gilbert AZ to help me work on mine??? 🙂 (j/k) Every time I think about what I want, I get stumped. You have such great ideas…so I’ll be sure to keep up! Hugs!

8. Whoo Hoo! Can’t wait to see this Mary. Your stampin’ pretty zone was so neat and organized that it’s been inspiring me to buy more than just the Bygel rails at Ikea. Keep us posted!

9. Oh how fun that you are redoing your stampin space. I did that in December/January and I was so excited about stamping after all of the redecorating and reorganizing. My new space definitely got my mojo flowing. I have 2 solar tubes in my house and love the light that they provide. I can’t wait to see more of your re-do. And it’s great to see Miss Isabel enjoying the progress.

10. DEar MAry, I can not wait to see your new room. Your old room was to de for.
    I have my ribbons on a 5 shelve built in shelve. I love the fact that I can have my ribbons in one place. I can take out any one roll and bring it to my desk and play.
    My craft room is my old dining room. I love it I have plenty of storage place.
    Michaels has these wonderful white shelves and drawers. they are for craft rooms. You can design your own room. Thanks for letting us be a part of this great journey. Good luck. Ellen

11. This will be a fun ride! Can’t wait to see progress. You should check out a new magazine dedicated to stamping spaces…that’s its title, and it’s put out by Creating Keepsakes. I don’t know if it’s out yet, but it will have LOTS of ideas…including one of Shelly Gardner’s daughter’s room in it too. Good luck! Can I have a live-in-person tour when it’s finished??

12. You’re going to love your new sun tubes! I have two in my home and just love them. Everyone that leaves the room wants to know how to turn off the lights! Best of luck in your revamped room.

Denise M

13. Sasha is amazing. She’s become an incredibly social cat but I think the air compressors are a bit much (even for me). I’ll get her to “strike a pose” soon. Hugs, M

14. Hi Nancy: The solar tubes are a better option in the AZ heat than skylights. They work on a little different principle (reflection) and I had a special barrier put in to help control heat. Let’s hope it works. Hugs, M

15. I will so thoroughly enjoy this journey with you. If the result is anything as spectacular as the Wisconsin craft room, I will be totally blown away.
    Have fun!

16. How exciting. Can’t wait to see your new stamping loft. I use the plastic gutters to store my ribbons. I can take a spool out and use it at my stamping table and then put it back. Much better than having the spools on dowels.

17. I hope this works out for you. My only experience with skylights was a long time ago, and it was hot under them. I’m sure they are more refined now.

18. Mary,

I’ve been meaning to ask you how Sasha is doing? My cats also run from noises such as you described. Any chance of an updated picture of Sasha? I absolutely adore that original full picture of “The Cat is out of the Bag.”

Jennifer

19. Sky’s his name! That’s funny! Thank you for sharing a glimpse into your quest for light in your stamping space! We’ll be following the progress!

20. Mary, this is so cool! I’m excited for you 🙂 Thanks for sharing the project with us…it’s going to be fun to watch!