I’m doing the happy dance! Stampin’ Up! is updating their core color collections as well as adding 5 new In Colors starting June 1. PLUS – There’s a new stamp pad design that makes a great stamp pad even GREATER! Here’s everything you’ll want to know!
There are still four color collections, each with ten colors. There is also a new color group called Basics.
In order to keep the color collections to exclusive Stampin’ Up! colors, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, and Whisper White have been moved out of the Neutrals collection. Stampin’ Up! also moved a few colors (Merry Merlot, Mossy Meadow and Night of Navy) into the Neutrals collection, making it more exciting and colorful!
Some additional colors have changed collections as well—you’ll notice this as you look through the new collections below. You can refer to the old and new color charts in the 2018-2019 catalog when it’s released on June 1.
NEW CLASSIC STAMPIN’ PADS
In addition to new colors, Stampin’ Up! redesigned their ink pads. The case is a new, more intuitive design and they improved the formula of the ink, as well!
Why the change to the case?
The case’s manufacturing mold was about to expire. Stampin’ Up! can only use a mold a limited number of times before they need to replace it, so they had to decide if they wanted to order more of the same molds or try to improve the design. They chose to improve it! Smart!
Stampin’ Up! wanted to align the updated case with the color revamp and improvements to the ink. In addition, they chose to time these changes with Stampin’ Up!’s rebranding and packaging updates. This way, when you invest in the new colors, you are also getting the new and improved ink pads at the same time!
What’s better about the case?
- Less confusing to open.
- Tighter fit between the lid and the base.
- Improved labels and stickers.
How is the ink different?
- Reduced ink bubbles.
- Smoother coating of ink on the stamp.
- Improved ink coverage.
You can re-ink the new ink pads with old re-inkers, you just won’t get the benefit of the defoamer that’s been added to the new re-inkers. The only exception to this is, you don’t want to use the Archival Basic Gray Re-inker on the new pads because it will ruin it.
THE NEW CORE COLLECTION COLORS
NEW IN COLORS
RETURNING IN COLORS
My color comparison charts show how the new In Colors fit in the Stampin’ Up! line-up!
PRINT OR SAVE FREE Online Color Coach: The online color coach shows great color combinations featuring all new and returning colors. There is also a blank color coach that serves as a template where you can create your own color combinations.
- Color Coach Revamp – NEW colors
- Create Your Own Combinations NEW colors
- Color Coach NEW 2018-2010 In Colors
- Create Your Own Combinations NEW In Colors
- Hex value chart (the chart makes sure that any digital materials you create will show the colors correctly).
- Color labels
- Brights Paper, Pad & Marker chart
- Neutral Paper, Pad & Marker chart
- Regals Paper, Pad & Marker chart
- Subtles Paper, Pad & Marker chart
- In Color Paper, Pad & Marker chart
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Join My Paper Pumpkin Club and get 3 FREE PDF Tutorials with alternate projects each month.
- Earn up to a $50 shopping spree with my Tulip Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for 1000+ paper crafting ideas.
- View my FREE PDF Project Tutorials.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.