Members of my Stampin’ Pretty Pals Community and customers span the United States — many of them in Texas, Louisiana, & Florida where hurricanes, storms and floods are hitting hard. While I’m safe from this weather in Tucson, Arizona, my emotions roller coaster with their stories of loss, sadness, strength and fear. The Pals Community keeps in contact virtually daily (our private Facebook groups) and we are staying in close touch to support each other. My heart goes out to all who continue to be threatened by this devastating weather as well as those who have already suffered losses.
Stampin’ Up! is widening this support even further by offering to match donations to the American Red Cross, dollar-for-dollar (up to $50,000) as you’ll see below. I hope you’ll join in the support for those affected.
From Stampin’ Up Friday, Sept. 8!: Along with many of you, we are watching with concern as stories unfold about the devastation left behind in Texas and Louisiana by Hurricane and Tropical Storm Harvey. Though no one knows how many lives have been affected, Harvey is said to be one of the worst natural disasters in U.S. history, and the damage caused by massive flooding will be felt for years to come.
With you, we’re also trying to stay informed on the progress of Hurricane Irma; as we write this, Irma has not yet made landfall but is currently classified as a catastrophic Category 5 storm. It will almost certainly leave as much destruction in its wake as Hurricane Harvey and will affect the lives of tens of thousands of people.
As a Stampin’ Up! family, we invite you to help us give to those who are now (or will soon be) trying to rebuild their lives. From now until the end of October, Stampin’ Up! will match donations made to the American Red Cross, dollar-for-dollar, for up to $50,000. Please click here to donate.
The Stampin’ Up! community is already making a difference through ongoing hurricane relief efforts. Here are some ways people are raising money.
- Demonstrators are donating a portion of their commissions.
- Demonstrators are holding dedicated events, including retired product sales, where all proceeds are being donated to hurricane relief.
- Customers are being invited to donate at events.
- Demonstrators are selling unused cards or are mounting past swaps on card bases and selling them to raise hurricane relief funds.
If you would like to help, please click here to donate to the American Red Cross.
Together, we can do incredible things!
We hope you’ll join us . . . because we truly can make a difference.
I love hearing from you! Please leave me your questions or comments below.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Join My Paper Pumpkin Club and get 3 FREE PDF Tutorials with alternate projects each month.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Tulip Rewards Frequent Shopper Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for 1000+ paper crafting ideas.
- View my FREE PDF Project Tutorials.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.