I make and send a lot of cards year round . . . a LOT of cards. I hope it's evident from my daily blog posts that I'm just as in love with paper, ink and stamps as I was the day I was first introduced to Stampin' Up! However, during the holiday season, time can be a precious commodity and I have decided to make the leap this year from sending exclusively handmade cards and switch (at least partially) to a My Digital Studio (MDS) holiday photocard. Honestly, it's a huge relief!
Yes, I'm going to send around 25 handmade cards that I have already created for friends and family who have grown to expect them. However, I realize that many of my friends and family whom I don't see as often really appreciate a photo (I went for subtle humor generously provided by our uncooperative "animals" above), something that's simple to incorporate into an MDS card.
For my busy lifestyle, there's another BIG advantage of having My Digital Studio. I can purchase an inexpensive, tastefully designed photocard template (I used Seasonal Salutations, #131216, $1.95, above), drop in a photo and seamlessly send it (right from MDS) to be professionally printed by Stampin' Up! The entire process requires just a few clicks to get things rolling for as many cards as I need.
Learn more about Stampin' Up! professional printing services.
Once my 6 x 6 Seasonal Salutations cards arrive (be sure to order by Dec. 6 for Dec. 24 guaranteed delivery–sooner if you plan to mail them), I will accent them with a little bling (Rhinestone Basic Jewels #119246) on the stars (front and interior) and pop them in the mail using the coordinating envelopes that SU includes in their printing price.
There are lots of printing services out there but here's why I prefer Stampin' Up!'s printing services:
- I can create and order printed cards conveniently from my computer. A big time saver!
- When my cards arrive, I can be confident of a quality finished product, including envelope.
- The colors (for the card above) will match Stampin' Up! Basic Gray, Gumball Green, Raspberry Ripple and Very Vanilla.
- The inside left and back of my card can be full color (or custom designed by me) for no additional charge.
- I can add other Stampin' Up! products to my print order and qualify for hostess rewards starting with a $150 order (before shipping and tax).
- Stampin' Up! has bulk print pricing on orders of 10 cards or more. Click here and be sure to scroll to the end for bulk print pricing.
SEE THIS WEEK'S MY DIGITAL STUDIO DOWNLOAD RELEASES, including a FREE download!