Memorial Day, 4th of July, birthday, graduation? This card has star power for many occasions and is simple to make. It's my design for this week's Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge (PPA94). See Margaret Moody's sketch below and click to so see more PPA Design Team Samples. Play along this week!
STAMPIN' PRETTY TIPS:
- Sew easy. Using the new Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine (Stampin' Up! Summer Mini Catalog) and a big needle, I did a little cross stitching on More Mustard card stock (shaped with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch).
- Click and scroll to see all my past card ideas for products from the Summer Mini Catalog.
- I love the trio of elements in this week's PPA sketch. The Star Punch made it a snap. Other punches and dies to consider for this layout are butterflies, flowers and christmas ornaments.
- More Mustard gives this 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card both a vintage and patriotic feel when combined with Night of Navy and Cherry Cobbler.
- Textured card stock (all but Whisper White) adds a rich and polish.
Stamp Set: Fabulous Phrases (W117002, C120501)
Paper: Night of Navy Textured (Regals Textured Assortment (121076), More Mustard Textured (121076), Cherry Cobbler Textured (121076), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Cherry Cobbler (119669)
Cool Tools: Star Punch (119875), Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (119275)
The Perfect Touch: Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine (123125), Regals Designer Buttons (119744), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)