Leave a distinct impression! With Stampin' Up! Letterpress Plates and a Big Shot, you can add a rich, debossed look to your projects. I chose the Joyful Season Letterpress Plate to incorporate into today's Mojo Monday sketch (MOJO163). Note: I opted to flip Julee Tilman's sketch 90 degrees.
STAMPIN' PRETTY TIPS:
- You'll need Stampin' Up! Craft Ink for the letterpress plates. Classic ink will not leave a solid image.
- Because it is so porous, Stampin' Up! Watercolor Paper will provide the most impressive results. However, I had excellent luck with my Pear Pizzazz Textured Card stock.
- I used a brayer to transfer Old Olive Craft Ink evenly to the plate. The deeper Old Olive green helped define the images on the Pear Pizzazz Card Stock.
- Have you seen the uninked Craft Stampin' Pads (p. 42 of the Holiday Mini)? You can create your own custom pad using Stampin' Up! Craft Refills.
- I used a scrap of Real Red Card Stock and the Fancy Favor Bigz XL Die for the bit of trim to the left of the stockings. An alternative border would look just as good. Try using the Stampin' Up! Curly Label Punch to create a curvy border.
- Bow-licious. Here's the key to a pretty bow–this easy to follow bow tutorial by Ann Schach (one of my Stampin' Pretty Pals). The bow is attached with a couple Mini Glue Dots.
SAVE 20% ON STAMPIN' UP! HOLIDAY PRODUCT BUNDLES. Click here for details!
COMING UP THIS AFTERNOON! My blog candy winner has been chosen. I'll make the announcement this afternoon after I connect with the winner. Stay tuned!
Paper: Pear Pizzazz Textured Card Stock (In Color 12 x 12 Card Stock Assortment, 119799), Poppy Parade (119793), Old Olive (100702), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Old Olive Craft Ink (101425)
Cool Tools: Snowflake Punch Extra Large (119852), 1" Circle Punch Medium (119868), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Fancy Favor Bigz XL Die (115965), Joyful Season Letterpress Plate (Holiday Mini Catalog, 120981), Brayer (102395)
The Perfect Touch: Poppy Parade 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon (119263), In Color Glimmer Brads (Holiday Mini Catalog,121005), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Mini Glue Dots (103683)
Notes: Card base on today's project is 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". Stocking layer is 4 1/4" x 2 1/4". Old Olive mat below is 1/4" larger each direction.